Cat flea collars are a simple, working solution for preventing flea infestations. Fleas are a common parasite, and their infestations are a common problem in pets. However, these parasites do more than just itching.
In many cases, the fleas may carry small pathogens that are responsible for causing diseases. The itching also leads to scratching, which can cause your feline a lot of discomforts. As a pet parent, it is heartbreaking to see your furry companion suffer.
If you are in the same situation, a cat flea collar can help. These are an alternative to flea and tick medication and work wonders in keeping your pet free from parasites. However, with so many choices in the market, it can be challenging to zero in on the ideal collar.
To help you in your search, our team of experts has spent hours creating a list of the 10 best cat flea collars. This list is based on the material used, flea-preventing ingredients, size, durability, and cleaning method.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Cat Flea Collars in 2022 – Comparisons
- 2 Best Cat Flea Collars in 2022 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Our Top Pick – Seresto Flea Collar for Cat Review
- 2.2 2. Runner Up – Sobaken Cat Flea Collar Review
- 2.3 3. Best Budget – Hartz Flea Collar for Cat Review
- 2.4 4. Best Kitten Cat Flea Collar – Arava Flea and Tick Collar Review
- 2.5 5. Best Small Cat Flea Collar – Beloved Pets Review
- 2.6 6. Best Large Cat Flea Collar – KEXMY Review
- 2.7 7. Best Cat Flea and Tick Collar – Hartz UltraGuard Review
- 2.8 8. Best Natural Flea Collar for Cats – TropiClean Review
- 2.9 9. Best Adjustable Cat Flea Collar – Lordddon Review
- 2.10 10. Best Adams Flea Collar for Cats – Adams Plus Collar Review
- 3 Who should Buy Cat Flea Collars?
- 4 How Does A Cat Flea Collar Work?
- 5 How to Introduce Your Cat to Use Flea Collars?
- 6 How to Measure the Size for a Flea Collar
- 7 Types of Cat Flea Collars
- 8 Features to Consider While Choosing Cat Flea Collars
- 9 Benefits of Using Cat Flea Collars
- 10 Some Important Tips
- 11 Final Thoughts
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Cat Flea Collars in 2022 – Comparisons
|Image||Product Name||Key Features|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
Best Cat Flea Collars in 2022 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – Seresto Flea Collar for Cat Review
Vet recommended non-greasy, odorless, flea and tick prevented collar, provides 8 months of continuous protection
This Seresto Collar provides you a precise idea of this product. It is the best flea collar as it comes with a lot of benefits. Once you put this on your cat, it will prevent fleas and ticks for 8 months. Therefore, when it comes to the efficiency of this product there will be no questions. It works through contact.
Whenever a tick or a flea bites your cat, they will die immediately. Thus, they will not come close to your cat, if it is wearing this collar. It is a recommended product by the vets due to its efficiency and safety. To be precise, it is a non-greasy as well as odorless product, which makes it more convenient.
Besides, with this product on your side, you don’t have to take the hurdle of monthly treatments. Also, it repels fleas and responsible for killing the fleas. This will start working pretty quickly once you make your cat wear this. It will start working within 24 hours.
- It is convenient for cats
- You can get rid of monthly treatments
- It is capable of repelling the fleas
- The odorless product
- Can kill the fleas
2. Runner Up – Sobaken Cat Flea Collar Review
This will protect your feline buddy from fleas and ticks for 8 months without any issues
The Sobaken is the runner up product on the list because the efficiency of it. This will protect your cat from fleas and ticks for 8 months. Moreover, it will give protection 24/7. Besides, it comes with a new formula, which makes it a considerably powerful product.
It is quite effective when it comes to dealing with ticks and fleas. Also, it is a hypo-allergic product, thus, ensures that your cat doesn’t have to get affected by allergies. There will be no allergic reactions to you.
Another attribute of this product that will impress you is its compatibility. It is compatible with all ages of cats. However, avoid this collar if the age of your cat is less than 3 months. This is suitable for small, large, and medium-sized cats.
- It is compatible with all age groups above 3 months
- It is even appropriate for all cat sizes
- This is hypoallergic
- 100% waterproof product
- It is quite easy to use
3. Best Budget – Hartz Flea Collar for Cat Review
It is a budget-friendly collar that will help you to protect your cats from fleas for 7 months
If you are looking for the best budget product, then Hartz Flea Collar is the best choice for you. It will not only help you to save money, but also serve your purpose precisely.
You can consider it to be a convenient product for your cat as it will give a soothing scent. And it will not irritate your cat. It is capable of killing fleas.
Apart from that, it will also kill ticks. After you put this on your cats, they will stay protected for seven months. Besides, you can use it along with a regular collar.
It arrives with a water-resistant design. Thus, if your feline buddy is taking a stroll in the rain, there will be no issues. There is also a safety release snap that you can use for the safety of your cat. Well, this is best compatible with cats above the age of 12 weeks.
- Capable of killing fleas and ticks
- It comes with a water-resistant design
- You can use it simultaneously
- It protects your act for seven months
- It stops the flea eggs from hatching
4. Best Kitten Cat Flea Collar – Arava Flea and Tick Collar Review
Now you can protect your kitten from the unwanted effects of fleas and ticks with the Arava flea collar. It is one of the most sophisticated products on the list. It comes with a feature named micro-injection technology.
The essential oils are infused within this product, which ensures longevity at all. It is 100% natural and made up of herbal ingredients, which are capable of annoying and irritating ticks. Moreover, it will also protect your feline friend from unwanted itchy bites.
This is considered to be one of the safest items for your cat due to the presence of natural ingredients. You can use this on cats of every age. So, there will be no issues with the compatibility of the product.
- It comes with a soothing and natural scent
- Available natural oils
- Capable of repelling the fleas and ticks
- It is free of hazardous ingredients
- This product is also a waterproof
5. Best Small Cat Flea Collar – Beloved Pets Review
If your feline buddy is small in size, you can consider this as the best for flea prevention. Apart from fleas and ticks, it will prevent other things as well. For instance, it will kill the parasites, as well as the mosquitoes.
Also, it comes with a long-lasting effect. After putting on this collar on your cat, you can stop worrying about fleas and ticks for a long time.
It will provide your cat with effective as well as gentle protection. To be precise, your cat doesn’t have to come across any allergies after using this product. Besides, it is a trustworthy item that you can check.
Also, it is recommended for cats that are pregnant, allergic, and sick. Therefore, you can understand the safety efficiency of this product. However, whenever you are using this product make sure that your cat is at least seven months old.
- It is a bio collar for cats
- It is compatible with pregnant cats
- It is also recommended for allergic cats
- Protects your cat from fleas and ticks
- It protects from mosquitoes and parasites
6. Best Large Cat Flea Collar – KEXMY Review
KEXMY claims that it manufactures the best flea collar for large cats, which combats fleas and ticks within 24 hours of use. The neckband is made using 100% natural oil and other ingredients, which makes it allergy-free and safe for your pet.
It will protect your cat from tick, flea, and larvae for up to 8 months. Besides, the product is completely waterproof, so it allows your cat to go outdoors, get wet, and still have full protection.
Moreover, the advanced breakaway lock system design makes the neckband easy-to-use. You simply have to place this around your cat’s neck, adjust the fit, and buckle it according to your need.
It also lets you snap free your cat when you find them uncomfortable or about to choke. The user-friendly design fits all-size cats. It has a pleasant smell that makes the cat feel relaxed and less threatened.
- Safe and natural ingredients used for your pet’s safety
- Protects your cat from flea and ticks for more than 8 months
- Waterproof product, allows your cat to get wet or go outdoors
- Advance breakaway lock system makes it easy-to-use and adjustable
- Pleasant smell makes your cat feel relaxed and less anxious
7. Best Cat Flea and Tick Collar – Hartz UltraGuard Review
Hartz UltraGuard is a well-known worldwide brand that manufactures one of the best cat flea and tick collars, which provides optimal protection to your cat from unwanted pests. It not only protects your pet from fleas and ticks, but it also prevents further infestations.
It breaks the pests’ lifecycle by destroying the next generation of flea larvae and eggs. It contains active ingredients like Etofenprox, a type of pyrethroid similar to flumethrin. It is an effective and fast-acting formula, and it does not have any side effects.
Moreover, it is an easy-to-use collar; you just need to unroll and stretch it to activate the insecticide generator. The formula stored in the collar slowly releases fine powder over your cat’s skin surface to exterminate fleas and ticks for up to 7 months.
Besides, it is water-resistant, so it will work even if your pet gets wet. It also features breakaway snap to provide the highest safety and easy adjustments. The collar is not advisable for kittens below 12 weeks of age, and it should be worn loosely so that it does not feel uncomfortable to your pet.
- Optimal protection from flea and ticks for up to 7 months
- Prevents further infestation by eliminating flea’s larvae and eggs
- Contains Etofenprox, which is an effective formula with no side effects
- Water-resistant, so it will work even if your pet gets wet
- Not for kittens below 12 weeks of age
8. Best Natural Flea Collar for Cats – TropiClean Review
Made from 100% natural ingredients, the TropiClean is undoubtedly the best natural flea collar for cats available in the market. It is a chemical-free collar with no Pyrethrin, artificial color, or fragrances, making it safe for your pet.
The cedarwood and peppermint oils used in the mixture produce a pleasant and refreshing scent. It is a very effective formula that starts killing fleas as soon as you apply on your cat’s skin, showing visible result within 24 hours.
Moreover, the repellent is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about re-applying if your cat gets wet or take a bath. The pack includes three easy-to-use applicators that kill and repel fleas and mosquitoes for up to 3 months.
The applicator is recommended for cats over 4 months old. If it causes any sign of sensitivity, simply discontinue use.
- 100 % active natural ingredients used for your pet’s safety
- Chemical-free, no artificial color or fragrance used
- Cedarwood and peppermint gives the repellent a fresh and pleasant scent
- Effectively kills and repels fleas, tick, and mosquitoes for up to 3 months
- Recommended for cats over 4 months old
9. Best Adjustable Cat Flea Collar – Lordddon Review
If your cat has a habit of slipping with his/her collar, then the Lordddon is the best you can buy for your pet. The adjustable design includes gripping teeth perfectly holds the collar in place without making your cat feel irritated or uncomfortable.
Besides, it is made with all-natural ingredients like citronella, lemongrass, and clove. The mixture does not have a strong smell but effectively keeps the fleas and ticks away from your pet. It does not contain any kind of allergenic formula that might affect your cat’s skin or health.
Moreover, the size is big enough to fit all size cats; you simply need to place this around your cat’s neck and adjust the fit and buckle in place. It is also waterproof, so it won’t get damaged or stop working if gets wet. It provides 8 months of 24/7 protection from mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, lice, larvae, etc.
- Smart adjustable design that holds the collar in place
- Non-allergic and gentle on the skin and does not cause irritation
- All-natural ingredients used like citronella, lemongrass, and clove
- Waterproof and provides 8 months protection from fleas and other pests
- The large size to fit all size cats
10. Best Adams Flea Collar for Cats – Adams Plus Collar Review
If you are looking for an affordable collar for your cat, then Adams Plus is the right option and now it is available anywhere. This breakaway design is one of the most comfortable and safe devices for your kit to wear.
Besides, it is lightweight, so it won’t cause any irritation or hinder their natural movement. The Adams Plus uses active Tetrachlorvinphos (TCVP), which is a fast-acting formula that quickly and effectively clears up ticks, fleas, larvae, flea eggs, etc., from your pet’s skin.
This continuously releases active ingredients that spread outward over your cat’s fur to give complete protection from harmful pests for 7 months. It breaks the flea lifecycle to prevent re-infestation.
However, unlike Seresto, TCVP is slightly more toxic, so it is advisable not to use the collar for kittens under 12 weeks of age. This comes in one size, and effortlessly fits all types of cats.
- Breakaway design for comfortable and safe use
- Contains Tetrachlorvinphos (TCVP) for fast cleaning of fleas and ticks
- Continuously releases active ingredients to provides protection for 7 months
- More affordable than other Seresto collars
- Comes in one size and fits all size cats
Who should Buy Cat Flea Collars?
Cats love to go running outdoors, explore different places, and may occasionally bring you a dead bird. However, as friendly as these pets can be, you can notice a considerable change in their behavior if they have some sort of infestation problem. Most commonly, these infestations are caused by either ticks or fleas.
- Flea Infestations and Itching: Fleas are more than just an itching problem. Here’s what happens when fleas bite your pet. The saliva these insects secrete is the real reason that causes itchiness. As a result, your feline will scratch and bite the infected area leading to fur loss and irritation. Many cats can also develop a skin allergy.
- A Suitable Method for Preventing Infestations: Other than the excessive scratching, fleas may also carry parasites, which can cause further diseases and behavioral issues. In such cases, the recommended solutions are medication, spot treatment, and flea collars. Out of these three solutions, the first two are effective for a short period and may not be as effective for all cat species.
- Longer Effectiveness: On the other hand, a it is simple, easy to use, a traditional solution that is known to be effective in most flea cases. If your pet doesn’t like medication, a collar can be the ideal solution. These feel just like a regular collar and prevent flea infestations at an earlier stage. Unlike other solutions, a collar can last up to 8 months without the need for replacement.
How Does A Cat Flea Collar Work?
Judging from the looks, it looks just like regular pet collars; however, their function is specifically to prevent infestations. However, you can also find many collars that also treat the infestations by killing fleas. Here’s how these perform their function.
- By Preventing Infestations: These use special herbal oils and pesticides to prevent infestations and kill off pests like fleas, ticks, and their larvae. Depending upon the ingredients used, the collar may rely on the pesticide, the herbal oil, or both. Ideally, it is best if an infestation is prevented beforehand. However, if your furry companion is already suffering from pests, a flea collar can provide instant comfort.
- By Killing and Repelling Fleas: The are designed to have a specific release timing. The chemical spreads throughout the fur, killing off the fleas at contact. The insecticides may repel or kill the insects. Some of these chemicals also render the pests sterile. Hence, their larvae are harmless and do not further increase the infestations. With so many options to choose from, you can find natural and artificial pesticides with minimal or no side effects.
- Using Pesticides vs. Herbal Oils: However, if your feline has skin allergies, a pesticide may induce an allergic reaction. In such cases, it is better to stick with a natural herbal oil like clove or spearmint. Both these are effective in repelling and finishing fleas. Ideally, you want to look for an ingredient combination that has the least side effects and is odorless.
How to Introduce Your Cat to Use Flea Collars?
Using a collar can be beneficial for both you and your pet. However, it is important to use it carefully and make sure your kitty is comfortable.
Step 1: Introduction
If your cat already uses a collar, introducing a flea collar will be easy. However, if this is the feline’s first time, you will need a proper introduction.
Put the collar down and allow your pet to sniff it. Cats can be sensitive to scents; therefore, you need to make sure it isn’t too strong for your pet. Once the feline approves of the collar, you can now move on to the next step of putting it on.
Step 2: Putting the Flea Collar On
Take the collar training slow and use treats when necessary. Fleas can cause a lot of irritation in pets; therefore, make sure your pet is comfortable before putting the collar on.
Step 3: Carry on With Daily Walks and Routine Activities
When your furry friend has gotten used to the flea collar, you can now use it both indoors and outdoors.
Usually, these are very easy to use. However, if your feline still shows signs of uneasiness,
- Check for the size.
- If the odor is too strong, your cat may have a hard time adapting to the collar.
- Supervise your pet to confirm if the collar is working effectively or not.
How to Measure the Size for a Flea Collar
A collar works best when it is a good fit. Putting too tight will not only strangle your pet but also reduces mobility. On the other hand, a large-sized strap doesn’t offer the same grip. With that said, it is important to know the right size before making a purchase.
Usually, you can find cat collars in both adjustable and fixed sizes. If your feline is in a growing age, consider getting an adjustable collar. However, for most pets, a fixed size works just fine.
To measure the size, you’ll need a flexible tape measure. Wrap it around your kitty’s neck just above the shoulder blades and front of the chest and note the reading on a snug grip.
Ideally, your pet’s fur should not get caught up in the collar. It is recommended to leave space enough for two fingers to easily pass through. Once you have made the size adjustments, compare this to the manufacturer’s size chart, and choose the appropriate size.
If your pet is between two sizes, consider getting the large one. Lastly, if your pet is likely to put on weight, it is recommended to supervise your kitty at all times. Unlike dogs, most cats do not get along with collars much and try to pull on them.
Types of Cat Flea Collars
While the function of a collar is to kill and ward off fleas, based on the type of repellant used, these have two types. In order to get the most out of your cat’s collar, you need to choose the type that best suits your area’s climate.
Liquid – Gas Type
Usually, these types emit a liquid or gas that spreads throughout the body but is generally only effective enough to prevent infestations. If you are looking for an option that also treats an infestation, a liquid-gas type is not the best option.
These types are made from a soft, plastic-like resin with the chemicals mixed into it. These usually start releasing the chemicals when they come into contact with the feline’s body and warmth.
The pesticide is then spread over to the entire body creating a protective layer that kills fleas on contact. These have further two types based on the mechanism of their spreading. These only spread the ingredients in the fur are known as the dispersing types.
The other type features certain chemicals that get absorbed in your cat’s upper skin layer. When a flea bites, the reaction kills the pest. However, of these two types, the dispersion types are better than the absorption types as they prevent and kill the fleas before biting.
Features to Consider While Choosing Cat Flea Collars
Now that you know why flea collars are used, you need to choose the ideal one for your pet. However, with so many brands claiming their products to be the best, it can be challenging to know which is the best option. Following are the characteristics to look for when getting a cat flea collar.
Size is one of the most important features that define optimum comfort. Ideally, it is recommended to measure your feline and then compare the measurements with the manufacturer’s size chart. For younger pets, you can also choose a flexible collar that fits according to your pet’s neck. However, the best size is one that fits comfortably around your kitty’s neck.
Depending on the pet’s condition, you may need to use the collar for 8 months or more. During this time, it can go through a considerable amount of wear. Therefore choosing a suitable material is necessary.
Ideally, the material should be durable, resistant to water and moisture, and non-allergic to pet skin. Note that dogs and cats have different allergies, and a dog collar may not work as effectively for cats. Usually, it is made out of certain plastic resin mixed with the chemicals that kill the parasites.
Cats have heightened senses as compared to humans. Therefore, if you find the scent of a specific collar strong, your cat’s going to find it worse. It is recommended to go with odor-free options when possible.
Many flea collars also use herbal scents like lavender to mask the pesticide and also soothe your pet. However, many also have a strong scent for only the first few days. After that, these are tolerable.
Closure and Break-Free Clasps
As pet parents, we know how felines love going outside. While at home, you can easily keep an eye on your pet; however, the same cannot be said for the outdoors. If your feline is one of such pets, it is recommended to get a collar that features a break-free clasp. Just like its name suggests, these claps open up if the collar gets stuck in a bush. It adds to the safety mechanism and protects your cat’s neck.
Flea collars are a long-term solution and hence are used a lot. However, their chemical spreading properties can be affected by water and moisture. Too much exposure to water can also reduce the working life span of these collars.
However, you’ll be glad to know that there are many water-resistant collars available as well. With them, you can be at ease knowing that your feline will be protected even in the water.
Herbal Oils and Active Ingredients
Herbals oils perform many useful functions here. Other than aiding the pesticide, some of these are natural insect repellents. Others nourish and improve the fur coat to help cover the fur loss if any.
Spearmint oil and clove oil are known to be effective in repelling and killing fleas on contact. These herbal oils also do not have any harmful effects on your pet, making it a safe and easy to use choice for all pet parents. Other than these herbal oils, many collars also have active ingredients that readily fight the pests. In order to find the best, you need to make sure that these are approved by the FDA and pose no threat to your kitty.
Blending pesticides in the plastic resin of the flea collars are a common practice. On contact, these chemicals kill and repel the fleas. Some of these are effective on ticks and other insects as well. However, their killing mechanism may also induce side-effects in your pet. Make sure to look for a collar with maximum efficacy and minimum side-effects.
Germ Killing Capacity
The duration or germ-killing capacity shows how long a flea collar can be effective. Usually, this range covers from 8 to 12 months. However, here, your primary focus should be the type of ingredient instead of its longevity. If a certain ingredient can kill off pests but also induces head tremors, then it is not the best option.
Suitable for Cats
If you own multiple pets, it is common to think that flea collars for dogs are also effective for cats. However, that is not the case. In fact, using collars specified for one species on another can have harmful effects on health. Kittens, especially younger ones, cannot handle large dosages of pesticides. Your pet’s age is also a considerable issue. Always look at the age label and make sure the collar is meant for cats.
Easy to Clean
A collar stays really close to your pet’s body, and it is important to maintain hygiene. A good brand will be one that is water-resistant and can be easily cleaned.
Many flea collars also offer some useful extra features like reflective logos. These logos increase your feline’s visibility in the darkness and make it easy for you to spot them. Some other features include the addition of a few active ingredients that replenish the fur and allow the growth of a healthier coat.
Trusted Brands and Warranty
With many possible side-effects, it is recommended to buy a flea collar from a trusted brand that offers a warranty. It not only gives you a risk-free purchase but also ensures that the ingredients are genuine and do not have harmful effects on pets.
Benefits of Using Cat Flea Collars
- Easy to Use: Other than these collars, methods for flea control and removal include medication, sprays, and flea combs. For the medication, you need to consult a veterinarian, and the results are sometimes for only a short period. On the other hand, flea combs require effort, and it is still possible that you might miss the larvae leading to a new infestation. Flea collars, however, are an easy, effective solution, and all you have to do is to put it on. The closure is simple and quick and may also feature a break-free option.
- Prolonged Effects: The second thing that sets flea collars different from other flea removal methods is that the effects are long-lasting. On average it lasts for 8 months and keeps your pet protected. You can also find a brand that does not lose its efficacy for a whole year.
- Minimal Side-effects: Natural ingredients make sure the pests get dealt with while your feline is able to continue his daily activities. Fur loss and skin allergies are a common issue with many of the flea medications. That is not the case with good quality collars as these are safe for most kittens. However, care should be taken to ensure that your cat is old enough to handle the pesticide.
- Inexpensive as Compared to Other Solutions: Last but not least, you’ll find that these are inexpensive as compared to the different medications and hairsprays, giving you an easy, affordable solution.
Some Important Tips
- When looking for a flea collar, make sure that the pesticides used do not have a harmful effect on your feline. Chemicals like Tetrachlorvinphos (also known as TCVP) are effective against insects but are also dangerous neurotoxins said to possess carcinogenic abilities.
- Going for all-natural ingredients is a recommended option.
- Before washing, make sure to check the manufacturer’s label.
- When using a new one, observe and supervise your pet for any side effects. Usually, any effects may show up after 3 days of usage. If your pet shows extreme signs, stop using the collar immediately.
- While many of these offer a break-free clasp, it is recommended to keep an eye on your feline.
- Size is crucial. If you are unsure about the size, consider getting an adjustable item that fits your cat nicely and snugly.
- When not in use, store this in an airtight container, so their chemical gases do not spread and get used up.
- While there are many safer options available, it is recommended to keep children and younger pets away from the collar due to various known side effects.
Flea infestations are a common problem that many pet parents face. If your feline is also suffering, a cat flea collar might just be the thing for you. These work by emitting certain insecticides and herbal oils that kill off pests and nourish your pet’s fur.
However, before making a purchase, make sure that the collar features safe ingredients and is suitable for your cat’s age. If you are unsure, consult your veterinarian and follow the recommendation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cat flea collar?
It is a special thing made from plastic resin and mixed with insecticides that prevent and treat infestations. These are an easy solution that provides your cat with long-term comfort.
How to identify fleas on a cat’s body?
The first symptom is definitely scratching. If your feline constantly bites a single spot, inspect that area. While fleas are rather tricky to spot, you can find digested blood in the form of black spots. It is usually around the head and neck region. If you find such spots or specific swollen points near the neck, it is a flea infestation.
How do I know what size of flea collar my cat needs?
You can measure the right size by taking a tape measure and measuring a snug circumference. Ideally, it should not be tight but fit nicely around the neck. Insert two fingers between the cat’s fur and the collar to make sure it is the right size.
How effective are flea collars for cats?
These have proven to be quite effective in preventing and treating flea infestations. The various spreading mechanisms and use of natural oils make these are a suitable option for pet parents who do not wish to use excessive medication on their pets.
Are flea collars safe to use?
Yes. However, it depends on the type of ingredients used and your pet’s age. Young kittens have a weaker immune system and may show an extreme reaction like head tremors when a flea collar is used. Therefore it is strictly advised to check if the collar is suitable for your feline’s age or not. The chemicals used should also be those that have been approved by the FDA.
Are there alternatives to flea and tick collars?
Other than these, you can also find medication and sprays for treating infestations. However, these usually cost more and also have less prolonged effects as compared to flea and tick collars.
What happens if my cat licks the flea collar?
Flea collars work by emitting insecticides in the form of gases or liquids. If your feline licks it, he or she may experience some digestive problems. Ideally, it is recommended to prevent your cat from licking or biting the collar.
How long does it take for a flea collar to work on a cat?
While this timing depends on the type of chemicals and active ingredients used, usually, you should be able to see results within 3 days. If there is still no response, consult a veterinarian.