Pet owners are becoming increasingly aware of their pets good oral hygiene. Sometimes periodontal disease may cause of your pet’s serious health risk and immense pain. But, using toothbrush and toothpaste is not always easy to clean their teeth and gum properly. As a result, your furry friend’s breath is often less than fresh that make a distance between both of you. Now, what’s the actual solution?
Our team of experts has managed a popular way that is the dental spray for pets. After interviewing dozens of pet proprietors, a couple of veterinarians, and investing more than 72 hours for product research we have selected 10 best dog dental sprays those are affordable, easier to use and recommended by vets for your pet’s oral health.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 10 Dog Dental Spray in 2021 – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Top Pick – Premium Pet Dental Spray Review
- 1.2 2. Runner Up – Trudog: Spray Me Doggy Dental Spray Review
- 1.3 3. Best Budget – Leba III Dental Spray Review
- 1.4 4. Best Dog Breath Sprays – Zesty Paws Review
- 1.5 5. Best Dog Dental Spray Plaque – Arm & Hammer Dental Review
- 1.6 6. Best Dog Tartar Removal Spray – Sonnyridge Dog Plaque Spray Review
- 1.7 7. Best Plaque Attack for Dogs – Pet Dental Spray Review
- 1.8 8. Best Peppermint Spray for Dogs – Petzlife Oral Care Spray Review
- 1.9 9. Best Natural Breath Freshener – Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Pet Care Review
- 1.10 10. Best Dog Dental Foam – Tropiclean Fresh Breath Foam Review
- 2 Things to Consider for Choosing the Best Dog Dental Spray
- 3 Advantages of Using Dog Dental Spray
- 4 For Whom the Dog Breath Spray is Needed?
- 5 Final Verdict
- 6 Frequently Asked Question
10 Dog Dental Spray in 2021 – Reviews
1. Top Pick – Premium Pet Dental Spray Review
For truly oral care, the Premium Pet Dental Spray is unbeatable
Premium Pet Dental Spray instantly cures your pet’s breath with the powerful breath freshener. It helps to transform bad and stinky kitty breath into fresh breath. It is totally alcohol-free dog breath spray doesn’t contain any stomach-upsetting ingredients, grains or pesticides. The spray removes plaque and tartar and reduces the risk of oral disease for pets by applying its antiseptic properties.
Dogs love this dental taste of the spray and like begging it for every day. It is much easier to use comparatively toothpaste and very helpful to generate fresh breath with oral protection for dog and cats. This dental spray contains the best and premium ingredients. It is completely safe and effective for pet’s oral care. So, show your confidence to pick the spray the first time.
- Eliminates your pets’ bad breath instantly
- Removes tartar, plaque and gum disease by providing a natural plaque and tartar control
- Crafted from Aloe Vera extract, Purified water, spearmint, peppermint, glycerin, sodium benzoate, baking soda, and stevia
- Works better than dog breath bones and much easier than toothpaste for pets
- Recommended by American Veterinary Dental College
2. Runner Up – Trudog: Spray Me Doggy Dental Spray Review
Devoted to improving the hygiene of your pup’s mouth. Kills smelly bacteria, the unique source of stinky breath.
The Spray Me is an all-natural and holistic dental spray designed to generate freshen breath by controlling plaque, tartar, bacteria and improve the overall oral health of your pet. Like other dental sprays it doesn’t only eliminate the odor, it attacks all oral bacteria at the source to inhibit the bacteria to arise with. It is best for supporting tooth and gum health.
This dog breath spray synergistically bonds with pet’s saliva to coat your pet’s entire mouth with only a few sprays a day. It is made with only natural and all effective ingredients like grapefruit seed extract, Grape seed extract, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, thyme oil, neem seed oil, and grain alcohol. It completely eradicates bad breath at every angle possible and makes their mouth healthier. Additionally, it is veterinarian approved doggy dental spray comes with 100% guaranteed satisfaction.
- Regular using helps to eliminate tartar, plaque, bacteria and makes fresh breath
- Used natural ingredients support to boost your dog’s immune system
- Improves the hygiene of the dog’s mouth by killing bacteria
- Only recommended for dogs, not for cats
- Made in the USA
3. Best Budget – Leba III Dental Spray Review
Leba 3 dental spray for dogs works by stimulating enzymes which allows to fall off tartar. No side effects to use for periodontal cleanings.
Leba III pet dental spray is designed to remove tartar and maintain healthy teeth and gums. Tartar and plaque lead to gum disease and major dental problems. The spray formulated with human grade ingredients and generates best results by using twice in a day primarily.
It doesn’t carry any antibiotics but works by stimulating enzymes those are very effective to eliminate harmful bacteria in dog’s mouth and changing its chemistry. It has no side effects, no enamel damage and ideal for home dental care.
- Made with all natural ingredients and ensure periodontal cleanings
- No need to brush and no side effects
- Distilled water, mints ethyl alcohol, roses are used ingredients
- Remove tartar, plaque, and bad breath
- Requires single or double time using in a day depending on the age and weight of your pet
- Most suitable for dogs and cats
4. Best Dog Breath Sprays – Zesty Paws Review
Advanced Oral Hygiene Freshener is the most effective cleaning solution to make the breath smell minty fresh by removing mouth odors. The spray works dedicatedly to reduce plaque build-up and healthy teeth. It also improves your dog’s periodontal health and completely diminishes bad breath.
This dental spray crafted from Peppermint Oil to produce a long-lasting mint sensation which ensures additional freshening by destroying excess bacteria. The Rosemary Oil promotes better breath and excellent digestive function to support your dog’s oral health. The used Aloe Vera helps to reduce plaque buildup and makes teeth clean and healthy for dogs of all sizes and ages. It is easy for dental care and without brushing you can clean your dog’s entire mouth. That’s why this Fresh Breath Dental Spray great for senior to small breeds.
- The premium breath freshener formulated for better breath
- Supports Teeth, Gum & Digestive Health
- Formulated for dogs of all ages and sizes but not suitable for other pets
- Basic ingredients are water, glycerin, Aloe Vera leaf juice peppermint oil, radish root, rosemary leaf oil, and spearmint leaf.
- Eliminates bacteria that causes bad breath and dental harm
- Easy to diminish bad breath and promotes dental health
5. Best Dog Dental Spray Plaque – Arm & Hammer Dental Review
Arm & Hammer Tartar Control Dental Spray works effectively to eliminate your dog’s bad breath, promote whiten teeth and fight tartar build-up. It makes easy the oral care of pets and provides total dental health solutions. The dental spray works best when used onto the outside of the dog’s gums and teeth.
Used backing soda helps to clean and deodorize and generates enzymes that fight plaque and tartar. Other vital ingredients are water, sorbitol, sodium bicarbonate, pyrophosphate, lysozyme, proteases, sodium chloride, zinc gluconate and more. For better use, spray 1 to 2 times directly onto teeth and prevent drinking and eating for one hour after use.
- Generates freshens breath and make whitens teeth
- The safe, gentle, and effective way of dental caring
- Eliminate plaque and tartar
- Easy to use
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Made in China
6. Best Dog Tartar Removal Spray – Sonnyridge Dog Plaque Spray Review
If your dog has bad breath with other dental diseases, you should necessary to take action immediately. Sonnyridge Dog Dental Spray is too much effective to remove tartar, plaque and other periodontal diseases for your dog. This dog tartar removal spray fights with bad breath and solves overall dental problems with tooth decay and gum disease.
It is formulated by veterinarians to promote your dog’s healthy teeth and gums, instantly generate freshen breath and reduce the risk of tooth decay. Crafted from all natural ingredients and manufactured in the USA. The manufacturer company provides 100% money back guarantee with total satisfaction.
- Prevents plaque, tartar build-up and instantly freshens your pet’s breath
- Contains all natural ingredients and supports for healthy teeth and gum
- Suitable for both dog and cats
- Made in the USA
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed with money back guarantee
7. Best Plaque Attack for Dogs – Pet Dental Spray Review
Most of the dogs affected by gum disease which can cause infection in your pet’s kidneys, liver, and heart. This natural dental spray helps to heal gum disease and suitable for both dog and cat. The formula works for freshening breath, removing tartar and plaque and improving overall dental health. It also kills harmful bacteria to promote healthy gum and teeth.
If you are loyal to herbal dental treatment for your pet pooch, then Plaque Attack Pet Dental Spray might be the best option. It crafted with grape seed extract, neem oil, rosemary oil, grapefruit seed, peppermint oil, and natural grain alcohol. To use this dental spray brushing is not necessary, simply spray on the teeth and gum line then walk away.
- Helps to generate freshens breath by removing plaque and tartar
- Easy to use- just spray on teeth and gums
- Suitable for both dogs and cats of all sizes and ages
- Made with all natural ingredients and perfectly safe
- Use 2 weeks to get the result
8. Best Peppermint Spray for Dogs – Petzlife Oral Care Spray Review
It is needed to take regular dental care to ensure your pet’s teeth and gums strong and healthy. The Peppermint Oral Care Gel is easy to apply to your dog’s mouth by the end of your finger. It is quick and easy for carrying your pet’s teeth without brushing. If the dog feels nervous to take the gel, then taking it into their mouth otherwise they will automatically lick them.
PetzLife oral care spray crafted from all-natural ingredients like neem oil to eliminate tarter, grape seed oil to remove plaque, and the thyme oil to kill the bacteria that causes bad breath. By using this gel twice in a day, it will produce great results within 30 days. This peppermint oral spray also protects gum tissues and cure gum disease.
- Safe and effective for healthier teeth and gums
- Used ingredients are grapefruit seed extract, grape seed extract, neem oil, thyme oil, and grain alcohol
- Kills bacteria that causes bad breath, eliminates tartar and plaque at the gum line
- Safe for both dogs and cats of all ages
- Need to use twice daily
- Made in the USA
9. Best Natural Breath Freshener – Gerrard Larriett Aromatherapy Pet Care Review
Aromatherapy Natural Breath Freshener is a phosphate-free natural way to freshen your dog’s breath. This breath actively crafted with all natural and biodegradable ingredients like Aloe Vera, Mint, Baking soda etc. As well as reducing bad breath it works to remove plaque and tartar build-up and improve your dog’s oral health.
Pet proprietors are happy to use this product. Their pets really like the taste and come willingly to see the bottle. Veterinarian recommends it as the safety freshener for pets.
- Made with natural and Biodegradable ingredients
- Totally Paraben & Phosphate Free
- Active ingredients are baking soda, mint and aloe vera
- Cruelty-free and veterinarian recommended
- Dogs like the test
10. Best Dog Dental Foam – Tropiclean Fresh Breath Foam Review
If you are looking for an easy and fast working breath freshener, try the TropiClean Fresh Breath Fresh Mint Dental Freshener for Pets. You can apply it directly to your dog’s teeth and gums. It helps to reduce the risk of your dog’s periodontal disease and improve oral hygiene.
The used ingredients are purified water, glycerin, baking soda, natural mint, corn alcohol, etc. This dental freshener prevents tartar build up and kills germs that cause bad breath. Veterinarian recommended it for both cats and dogs.
- Generates freshens breath and whitens teeth
- Destroys germs to save teeth
- Helps to support healthy enamel
- Made by all natural ingredients
- Suitable for both dogs and cats of all sizes and ages
Things to Consider for Choosing the Best Dog Dental Spray
It can be difficult to choose the right one from a wide range of dental spray. A dental spray for dogs should do several things to consider but the vital consideration should be your dog’s choice, which one your dog likes and allows you to use. There are also some other considerations highlighted below that are universal and unavoidable.
Your first consideration should be safety. High quality and well-renowned brands supplies safe and human-grade dog dental sprays. But cheaper varieties sometimes skimp on quality and might contain dangerous ingredients like alcohol or artificial fragrances. Analyze the ingredient list and make sure the safety while selecting a dental spray for your pet.
- Ease of use
There are so many dog dental sprays are simple and easy to use. Just directly spray on the outside of your dog’s teeth and gums to get effective result. Sometimes dogs may not like to receive sprays inside their mouth, then select a spray that is effective if sprayed on the lip area and licked off by your dog. Otherwise, you can manage sprays that can be mixed to your dog’s drinking water.
- Identify the purpose
You should identify the intended purpose of the spray. Some are designed to eliminating plaque and tartar build-up and control bacteria in the mouth, some are for promoting freshen breath. Those planning to simply eliminating bad breath, not for long term health benefits. So, consider your dog’s overall periodontal health before fixing any other purpose.
- Intended usage
It is vital to ensure that, the spray you are deciding to finalize is completely designed for dogs. The ingredients used for human dental sprays are harmful to pets and you should always avoid the danger. Some spray formulated for multiple pets, so re-check that it includes dogs. Never use a spray on dogs that are designated for cats. Remember, as a pet proprietor you are entirely loyal to keep your dog’s safety.
- Cleaning power
Many dog dental sprays do not work effectively and equally to remove plaque, tartar-build up and generate fresh breath. Bad breath is a dangerous sign of oral problems and diseases. So choosing a dog breath spray or dental spray that is designed to clean your dog’s mouth on top of cleansing the bacteria and bad odor is important to ensure your dog’s oral health.
You May Also Like: Best Dog Collars
Advantages of Using Dog Dental Spray
The prior benefit of using dog dental spray is it controls bad breath and the root causes of oral disease. It also helps to improve your dog’s dental health and healthy gum line. Proper use of dental spray eliminates plaque and tartar build-up which may lead to gum cancer. Some other benefits include:
- Eliminate bacteria in the mouth: Besides reducing bad breath, dental sprays control harmful bacteria inside your dog’s mouth for oral wellbeing.
- Cleaner teeth: Regular using spray makes your dog’s teeth clean and germ free. Clean teeth lead freshen breath.
- Healthier Gums: Sometimes plaque and tartar injured your dog’s gum line, which is the main cause of bad breath with other oral diseases. So choose the right dental spray for proper gum care.
- Reduce Tooth Decay: A quality breath freshener or oral spray eliminates tartar build-up and reduce tooth deterioration.
Know More About Best Dog Detangler Spray
For Whom the Dog Breath Spray is Needed?
Commonly, dog breath spray is designed for pets that have not more extensive stinky breath. Some dogs are affected by harmful odor-causing bacteria. Some have crowded teeth and tend to snack certain types of dog food which enhances the possibility of developing bad breath. To overcome this situation you can apply Dog Breath Spray. Pet owner, who don’t tolerate his dog’s smelly mouth can use this spray.
Moreover, there are a few dog breath sprays also help to remove tartar build up and prevent plaque. It might control various oral diseases and keep your dog safe. Using breath spray is much easier than brushing every day. Some of them manage bad breath smell with fragrances and prevent oral problems. So from the above consideration, you can confidently use a quality dog breath spray.
Actually, the main goal of using dog dental spray is preventing plaque and tartar build up. It is also very effective to promote your dog’s freshen breath and total oral care too. But if the dog’s teeth and gums stay in a very poor situation, then it is urgent to consult with the veterinarian and done the cleaning first. Most of the time dental spray reduces the necessity of brushing your dog’s teeth. So it is very useful and immense to use dental spray regularly to keep your dog safe from entire periodontal diseases.
Frequently Asked Question
Question: How does dental spray work?
Answer: There are various types of dental spray maintain a different procedure to work. Normally, most of the sprays react with dog’s saliva and create enzyme that controls bacteria. Bacteria are the vital cause of plaque and tartar build up. Some manufacturer prevents the dog to eat for at least half an hour after using the spray to get the best output. Within this time the enzyme makes the plaque and tartar soft and clean your dog’s teeth and gum line properly. It also produces fresh breath.
Question: When does dental spray take place the best option?
Answer: Generally, dental cleaning is very expensive and not every pet proprietor can take their pets into veterinarian regularly for oral care. The dental spray may help in these cases very effectively. But for the first time, you should consult with your vet and follow his or her suggestions for using recommended dental spray.
Question: Does the spray have any harmful ingredients that may cause problems in dogs?
Answer: Mainly, the best quality dog dental spray which is recommended by veterinarian never contains ingredients known to cause problems in dogs. Sometimes it may contain a marginal level of grain alcohol. But it should not be harmful to dogs. If you can discover any particular bad effect by using any recommended product and which leads to suffering your dog, you should immediately consult with the vet before repeat it.
Question: How much dog dental spray should I use each time?
Answer: The using amount of dental spray depends on the size and weight of your dog. In this case, follow the recommendations of the manufacturer and never terminate the guidelines.
Question: When should you use dog breath spray?
Answer: Actually, it can vary for the particular product you use. Using a breath spray once in a day will be effective for your dog. To get better result you should check the product instructions.