Terriers are among the most courageous and brave dog breeds. They were initially bred to be the hunters of small animals and hunting companions, however, they are now the most attractive family pets. They are intelligent and brave and are always ready for the expression of their love and opinion about something.
The Terrier breed has always been adored by families because of the self-assuring and the way this breed carries itself. They are outgoing, courageous, brave, and highly trainable. And not just in their purebred form when they are mixed or crossed with other breeds, the puppies we get are so adorable.
Initially, dog crossing used to occur accidentally. But now, with the increasing demand for designer dogs, two breeds are selected and then two combine the traits of two they are crossed together. It fuses the traits of both breeds and creates a cuter and more adorable new breed. There are several mixed breeds of terriers available around the globe, most of them in the UK and Scotland. Let’s have a look at the most popular ones in the US.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 20 Terrier Mixed Breeds
- 1.1 1. Yorkiepoo (Yorkie & Poodle)
- 1.2 2. Jack Chi (Chihuahua & Jack Russell Terrier)
- 1.3 3. Frenchton (Boston Terrier & French Bulldog)
- 1.4 4. Cojack (Jack Russell Terrier & Pembroke Welsh Corgi)
- 1.5 5. Schnoodle (Schnauzer & Poodle)
- 1.6 6. Bugg (Pug & Boston Terrier)
- 1.7 7. Jackabee (Jack Russell & Beagle)
- 1.8 8. Shorkie (Yorkie & Shih Tzu)
- 1.9 9. Morkie (Maltese & Yorkshire)
- 1.10 10. Ratcha (Rat Terrier & Chihuahua)
- 1.11 11. Airedoodle (Airedale Terrier & Poodle)
- 1.12 12. Bochi (Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
- 1.13 13. Dorkie (Yorkie & Dachshund)
- 1.14 14. Whoodles (Poodle & Wheaton Terrier)
- 1.15 15. Taco Terrier (Fox Terrier & Chihuahua)
- 1.16 16. Labrabull (Labrador Retriever & American Pitbull)
- 1.17 17. Pitsky (American Pitbull Terrier & Husky)
- 1.18 18. Pit Bullmastiff (Pitbull Terrier & Bullmastiff)
- 1.19 19. Pitweiler (Rottweiler & Pitbull Terrier)
- 1.20 20. Bullboxer Pit (Pitbull & Boxer)
- 2 Final Thoughts
Top 20 Terrier Mixed Breeds
You will be surprised to know that terrier is the most mixed breed combination you could find around the globe. Because of the traits they possess, they receive the affection of the people. Let’s get to the most popular terrier mixes.
1. Yorkiepoo (Yorkie & Poodle)
- Height: 7-15 inches
- Weight: 5-15 pounds
- Age: 10-15 years
- Traits: Gentle, friendly, outgoing, and playful
- Colors: Brown, chocolate, liver, and cream
Poodles have always been the first choice of the designers to mix with the ay breed, same is the case with the terrier. Poodle and terrier mix produces a fine dog with a non-shedding coat. It is good for people with allergies.
2. Jack Chi (Chihuahua & Jack Russell Terrier)
- Height: 13-18 inches
- Weight: 8-18 pounds
- Age: 13-18 years
- Colors: Black, chocolate, cream, fawn, golden, and white
- Traits: Affectionate, alert, energetic, friendly, playful, and sweet
This mix of Chihuahua and Jack Russell is the sassiest, most intelligent, athletic, and ideal puppy. They are lovely family pets and are small in stature. They are very devoted and follow the owners everywhere. They are easy to train and a novice owner could handle them with ease.
3. Frenchton (Boston Terrier & French Bulldog)
- Height: 11 – 13 inches
- Weight: Under 28 pounds
- Age: 10 – 12 years
- Colors: Black, white, tan, and brown
- Traits: Lazy, affectionate, demanding, even-tempered, loving, loyal, comical, and adaptable
These breeds are almost similar in size and a perfect cross-continental breed. Both parents are wee-known for their winning personalities. They have extraordinary energy and are hyperactive. This mix can be an excellent watchdog.
4. Cojack (Jack Russell Terrier & Pembroke Welsh Corgi)
- Height: 10-13 inches
- Weight: 18-28 pounds
- Age: 12 to 15 years
- Colors: Black, white, and tan
- Traits: Affectionate, loyal, active, energetic, and lively
The mix of corgi and Jack Russell looks like a detective from a 1970s movie. They have a resemblance to a corgi and the attitude of a terrier. This trait makes them adorable family dogs. They have perky ears and great temperaments. They are sassy and have a lot of personalities.
5. Schnoodle (Schnauzer & Poodle)
- Height: 10-26 inches
- Weight: 5-70 pounds
- Age: 12-15 years
- Traits: Gentle, friendly, anxious
- Colors: Brown, chocolate, liver, red, and gold
The size difference between both the parents can give you a surprise when mixed. They can come in small to large size. They are alert, active, and spooky. They can make excellent watch dog and family pets.
6. Bugg (Pug & Boston Terrier)
- Height: 14 – 18 inches
- Weight: 10 – 25 pounds
- Age: 10 – 15 years
- Colors: White, black, brown, tan, and brindle
- Traits: Spunky, playful, intelligent, affectionate, and loving
If you are looking for a fun dog, this bug is for you. Bugg was produced by mixing two fun-sized large breeds, which are generally referred to as clowns. They are easy to train and are great for families with kids. A novice owner can handle them with ease. They can live in an apartment but need regular physical activities. They might exhaust from a lot of physical activity and may develop respiratory problems, so you have to be moderate while walking them.
7. Jackabee (Jack Russell & Beagle)
- Age:12-16 years
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Traits: Friendly, intelligent, and hard-working
- Colour: Brown, White, Tan, cream, and Beige
This is a cross of two adventurous and energetic breeds. They are a little package of hyperactive and super energetic pups. Undoubtedly, it’s a winning combination. They are high-maintenance and need a lot of activities and physical exercises. They are not great for apartment or city living and need a lot of space for proper stimulation.
8. Shorkie (Yorkie & Shih Tzu)
- Height: 6-11 inches
- Weight: 5-12 pounds
- Age: 11-16 years
- Traits: Outgoing, wilful, friendly, anxious, and playful
- Colors: Black, grey, red, blue, and cream
This miniature designer dog is really adorable and cute. It is a mix of two breeds renowned for their cuteness. However, it is hard to predict which parent they are going to take off. They will either be toys like a Shih Tzu or have an attitude of a terrier. It all depends on the dominant gene.
9. Morkie (Maltese & Yorkshire)
- Height: 7-9 inches
- Weight: 5-7 pounds
- Age: 12-15 years
- Traits: friendly, outgoing, playful, and anxious
- Colors: Black, grey, and cream
The cross between a Yorkshire terrier and a Maltese produces this beautiful and adorable mix called Morkie. They have a gene for laziness from Maltese and need low maintenance. They are excellent lap dogs and will just pray around you all day long. They like to have occasional playing though.
10. Ratcha (Rat Terrier & Chihuahua)
- Height: 10 – 16 inches
- Weight: 10 – 15 pounds
- Age: 12 – 18 years
- Colors: White, black, brown, sable, red, grey, and fawn
- Traits: Protective, fierce, affectionate, and suspicious
This mixed breed is independent and small in size. However, they are really courageous and suspicious of the strangers. They will attack any unknown person. They are very protective and possessive of their family and things.
11. Airedoodle (Airedale Terrier & Poodle)
- Height: 22-27 inches
- Weight: 40-60 pounds
- Age: 10-15 years
- Colors: Black, black and tan, blue, and brindle
- Traits: Loving, intelligent, energetic, and easy to train
This is arguably the most renowned mix of all the breeds. This is a hypoallergenic breed because of both parents. Because of this reason, this is an adorable and most popular dog mix. It is best for people suffering from any allergies. They are very laid-back and easy to train.
12. Bochi (Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
- Height: 9 – 15 inches
- Weight: 4 – 10 pounds
- Age: 11 – 16 years
- Colors: Black, brown, tan, and silver
- Traits: Playful and intelligent
This mix takes on the black and white markings from the Boston terrier, which makes it really adorable. They have small bodies and are very active and playful. They are spunky and can be goofy. They are perfect for families with kids. They can adapt to any environment and are best for apartment living.
13. Dorkie (Yorkie & Dachshund)
- Height: 5–10 inches
- Weight: 5–12 pounds
- Age: 13–16 years
- Traits: Outgoing, friendly, wilful, and anxious
- Colors: Black, red, blue, cream, and fawn
The name dorkie does complete justice to the personality of this dog. Although it makes sound cruel, the kind of personality this breed has, the name suits it. They are really spunky and outgoing. They are wilful and anxious with a barking tendency.
14. Whoodles (Poodle & Wheaton Terrier)
- Height: 14-20 inches
- Weight: 20-45 pounds
- Age: 12-15 years
- Traits: Friendly, outgoing, and anxious
- Colors: Black, grey red, cream, and white
A cross between a poodle and a Wheaton terrier produces this beautiful breed. They are very friendly, intelligent, and easy to train. They are perfect for families with kids and an active lifestyle. They need regular exercise for proper stimulation. They need an experienced owner otherwise will be difficult to train and will take over you.
15. Taco Terrier (Fox Terrier & Chihuahua)
- Height: 6 – 9 inches
- Weight: 3 – 6 pounds
- Age: 13 – 15 years
- Colors: White, tan, black, blue, red, and speckled
- Traits: Athletic, courageous, friendly, and energetic
Just like Ratcha, this breed also has parents of the same temperament and appearance. They are hyperactive and super energetic. They are intelligent and vivacious. They need regular physical activity for proper stimulation and are not well-suited for city or apartment living. They do well with an experienced owner.
16. Labrabull (Labrador Retriever & American Pitbull)
- Height: 20-24 inches
- Weight: 45-95 pounds
- Age: 10-14 years
- Colors: Black, grey, brown, cream, brindle, fawn, and silver
- Traits: Protective, loving, loyal, energetic, fun-loving, and affectionate
The Lab and Pitbull terrier both are the most feared and vicious breeds of all the known breeds. When they are mixed together, they produce a Labrabull. They are wonderful family pets and can be utilized and watch dogs or guard dogs. They are patient, amiable, and devoted. They would do anything to protect their family and things.
17. Pitsky (American Pitbull Terrier & Husky)
- Age: 12 to 16 years
- Weight: 80lbs
- Traits: Loyal, affectionate and active
- Colour: Brown, grey, black and white
This is a rare yet adorable mix. Despite the difference in both parent breeds, this is a perfect mix. They are naturally devoted and mischievous. They are strong and have endurance. They need a lot of physical activity because of being hyperactive balls of energy. They are very loyal and have a strong connection with the humans.
18. Pit Bullmastiff (Pitbull Terrier & Bullmastiff)
- Height: 25–30 inches
- Weight: 100–140 pounds
- Age: 8–12 years
- Colors: Black, brown, white, red, and brindle
- Traits: Loyal and friendly
This is no doubt an enormous breed. They are very strong and intimidating. They are very intelligent and highly trainable. They need experienced owners otherwise they are going to eat you alive, of course, metaphorically. With excellent training, they are the perfect family dogs.
19. Pitweiler (Rottweiler & Pitbull Terrier)
- Height: 20-24 inches
- Weight: 50-100 pounds
- Age: 10-15 years
- Colors: White, fawn, blue, black, brown, red, sable, and brindle
- Traits: Sensitive, affectionate, protective, playful, courageous, loyal, and dominant
This is a large-sized breed and a mix of pitbull and Rottweiler. They need to be socialized at young ages otherwise they don’t get well with strangers. They are vicious and fierce. They can be harmful to kids, therefore, even after proper training, they should be watched at all times. They need experienced owners. They are very loyal, brave, and devoted. They should not be left alone for a long time otherwise they suffer from separation anxiety.
20. Bullboxer Pit (Pitbull & Boxer)
- Height: 16 – 20 inches
- Weight: 50 – 80 pounds
- Age: 10 – 14 years
- Colors: Brown, black, tan, and yellow
- Traits: Loyal, loving, intelligent, faithful, powerful, and affectionate
This is a mix between a Pitbull and a boxer. The bull boxer is a terrifying name, however, they are not vicious or harmful. They are very loving and loyal. They are very powerful and energetic and are best for people with an active lifestyle. They are strong and athletic dogs and need regular exercise and physical activities.
There are numerous mixed breeds with terrier as one of the parents. We only managed to gather information about the most popular designer breeds. You should always be careful about what you want. Any mix of terrier is really active and needs owners with active lifestyles. Therefore, before making a decision make sure you have plenty of time at hand.
Terrier mixes are available from small lap dogs to gentle giants. They are very unusual yet adorable mixes. All terrier mix breeds make wonderful pet companions. They can be trained because they are very intelligent. They need to be socialized at young ages to make them less wary of strangers. All terrier mix breeds share the same traits so choose wisely.