Inflatable Dog Collars are very useful if your dog is going through his post-surgery recovery time. Dogs love to run around and sometimes injure themselves.
The problem is that our canine friends love scratching, biting, or even licking their wounds. These collars are an alternative to the cone-shaped e-collars most pet hospitals use.
Unlike the e-collars, Inflatable dog collars are much softer, and better looking. They allow continuing daily activities while keeping your pup from reaching the sore area. These collars are also safer and harder to remove.
The collars are inflated using a pinch-valve and are like soft pillows on which your dog can rest his head on while sleeping. You can get these collars for both your dog and cat. However, whichever one you buy, you do not want to compromise on the quality.
Therefore, we have consulted many pet experts to help us review and create a list of the 10 best inflatable dog collars. We have considered durability, comfort, shape, size, and customer reviews along with guidelines on how to choose the most suitable one for your beloved pet.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Inflatable Dog Collars in 2021 – Comparisons
- 2 10 Best Inflatable Dog Collars in 2021 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Our Top Pick – BENCMATE Protective Inflatable Dog Collar Review
- 2.2 2. Runner Up – KONG Cloud Inflatable Dog E-Collar Review
- 2.3 3. Best Budget – Pet Link Inflatable Dog Collar Review
- 2.4 4. Best Inflatable Collar for Small Dogs – SCENEREAL Collar Review
- 2.5 5. Best Inflatable Collar for Medium Dogs – MorTime Protective Review
- 2.6 6. Best Inflatable Collar for Large Dogs – GoodBoy Comfortable Collar Review
- 2.7 7. Best Inflatable Recovery Collar for Dogs – ProCollar Protective Review
- 2.8 8. Best Inflatable E Collar for Dogs – ZenPet Pro Collar Review
- 2.9 9. Best Protective Inflatable Collar – E-KOMG Dog Cone After Surgery Review
- 2.10 10. Best Veterinarian Approved – Total Pet Health Inflatable Dog Collar Review
- 3 Why Should You Choose an Inflatable Dog Collar?
- 4 How Does an Inflatable Dog Collar Work?
- 5 Different Types of Inflatable Dog Collars
- 6 Features to Look for When Buying an Inflatable Dog Collars
- 7 Special Benefits of Inflatable Dog Collars
- 8 Some Important Tips
- 9 Final Thoughts
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Inflatable Dog Collars in 2021 – Comparisons
|Image||Product Name||Key Features|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
10 Best Inflatable Dog Collars in 2021 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – BENCMATE Protective Inflatable Dog Collar Review
A durable, reusable, soft collar provides comfort for pets and available in different sizes.
After surgery or your dog sustaining an injury, you want to choose the best collar to prevent your pet from biting surgery and injury sites. Then, the Bencmate protective collar is your number 1 choice. The collar is designed to be scratch-proof and bite-proof, so you don’t have to worry about your pet destroying it. The collar is comfortable and soft, and its size does not affect your dog’s vision, eating, sleeping, and drinking routine.
The recovery collar has loops that fit into the dog’s everyday collar, these loops are to ensure the collar is tightly fixed. Furthermore, the inflatable collar is adjustable because of the strap, which is attached to the opening of the collar. The strap should be adjusted for a perfect fit, and be at the dogs back, to ensure the dog does not bite or destroy it.
Additionally, the recovery collar is easy to store when not in use. You deflate the collar and store it in a small space. The collar is reusable, in case it is messed up by the dog, as you can unzip and wash the outside cover. This feature makes the collar durable, as it can be used for several other pets.
The recovery collar comes in 4 different sizes. Pet parents would have to choose the most appropriate size for their pet’s proper fit. Also, when inflated you don’t need to worry about it marking or scratching furniture. The collar is also light in weight for larger breeds with longer limbs, and it also fits dogs in between sizes.
- The comfort it provides for recovering dogs is pivotal
- It is resistant to scratch and bite, so dogs can’t destroy it
- There are 4 different sizes and it fits all dogs
- It is reusable, as the outside bag can be washed
- The ease of storage when not in use
2. Runner Up – KONG Cloud Inflatable Dog E-Collar Review
The recovery collar is soft and comfortable for pooches, the strap comes with adjusting mechanism, and it can be used for multiple dogs.
KONG Cloud is considered as the best recovery collar after our top pick. It is all about comfort, as it works like an airbag around the dog’s neck. After an injury or a surgery, you don’t want your dog to scratch or bite the surgery or injury site. This collar is perfect for this purpose while providing comfort. It is light in weight and does not obstruct the normal activities such as sleeping, eating, drinking, and sight.
The recovery collar is made of tough fabric. When it is inflated it would not mark or scratch furniture. The inflatable part is covered in a removable cover, this cover provides comfort for the pet and it is easy to cleanse. Also, the air ring cannot be washed but it can be cleaned with a damp cloth. Additionally, this collar is designed to be skin-friendly, so you won’t be bothered about your dog’s skin.
The inflatable collar can be stored easily when not in use, by deflating it and storing it in a small space. The collar is reusable, in the event of being ruined by the dog’s vomit, as dogs that undergo surgery are prone to vomiting.
Pet parents can select the size that is most appropriate for their dogs, as there are 4 sizes available. The collar can be adjusted easily by adjusting the strap which is attached to the opening of the collar. This adjustment would ensure the recover collar tightly fits your pet. Pet owners must ensure it is properly inflated, else it won’t serve the purpose of preventing your pet from aggravating wounds.
- Soft, comfortable, and machine washable
- The durability and ease of cleaning
- It is scratch and bite proof
- Ease of adjustment using the strap
- Available in 4 different sizes
3. Best Budget – Pet Link Inflatable Dog Collar Review
Appropriate for pets after surgery, prevents them from scratching or biting surgery sites, soft and comfortable.
Pet parents on a budget but desire the best inflatable recovery collar can get this Pet link as the best option. The prices are low not because the company is sacrificing quality, but because of the simpler design. The purpose of this collar is to prevent dogs from aggravating surgery and injury sites. It works like an air balloon around the dog’s neck, so it prevents dogs from biting or licking wounds or picking ticks.
The comfort of your dog is our top priority, and this design is soft and fluffy, allowing your pet to sleep, eat, drink, and without obstructing its vision. The recovery collar has loops fitted into the dog’s everyday collar to ensure the tight-fitting of the recovery collar. Furthermore, there is a strap at the opening of the collar, this strap is necessary for adjusting the collar, as the collar would only be effective if it is fitted.
The ease of maintenance and storage when not in use is another feature of this collar. When not in use, it would be deflated and stored in a safe small space. Furthermore, the collar can be reused, because it can be unzipped and washed.
This feature makes this collar durable and easy to maintain. Additionally, it is light in weight for larger breeds with longer limbs. The collar comes in different sizes, and pet owners would have to choose the best sizes available for their pet and compare for proper fit.
- It is durable, as it can be washed and reused
- Adjustment is made easy because of its strap
- Prevents your dog’s injury aggravation
- Ease of storage when not in use
- It is available in different sizes
4. Best Inflatable Collar for Small Dogs – SCENEREAL Collar Review
Small dogs could be more restless than larger dogs after a surgery or an injury. Hence, the need for the inflatable collar for small dogs. Scenereal collar would be the perfect fit to prevent small dogs from aggravating surgery or wound sites. This works like an airbag around the dog’s neck.
The collar is made with soft and comfortable flannel material, and it is skin-friendly. Inside is made of environmental PVC material, that is durable and waterproof. Also, there is an inflation hole for blowing or deflating when not in use. The zipper design allows for removal and washing when the cloth is ruined by the dog.
Furthermore, there are collar loops, and these allow the insertion of the everyday collar. The collar comes in 4 different sizes, and pet parents would have to measure the size of the pet’s neck and compare it. Additionally, this collar does not interfere with the vision, eating, sleeping, and drinking routine of your pet. When not in use, it can be deflated and stored easily in a safe small space.
The strap is the adjustment mechanism for the collar. Pet owners should make proper adjustments as collars would only be effective when it is perfectly fitted.
- The zipper allows disassembly for taking the bag out for washing
- Collars are in 4 different sizes
- Durable and ease of storage
- The ease of wearing
- Outside of the collar is made of soft fabric
5. Best Inflatable Collar for Medium Dogs – MorTime Protective Review
MorTime protective collar is the best inflatable collar for medium dogs. This collar prevents dogs from licking or scratching post-surgery or injury sites, this enhances speedy recovery from wounds. Furthermore, it does not mark or scratch furniture, hence, pet owners do not need to worry.
The material used for this collar is a soft fleece that is resistant to scratch or bite by the dog. The strap is the adjustment mechanism, and pet parents should ensure it is tightly fitted to be effective. The inflation hole is for blowing or deflating the collar when not in use.
The zipper allows the ease of removal and washing of the cloth, this ensures it is reusable. Additionally, the strap is the mechanism for adjusting the size of the collar, so it perfectly fits the pet. There are 5 different sizes, and pet parents can compare the size for proper fit. When not in use, it can be deflated and stored in a safe small space or carried along for outdoor activities.
Also, the collar is lightweight, and it so your pooches can barely feel its weight and move freely. It is designed to allow pets to engage in their normal activities such as eating, sleeping, and drinking without any obstruction.
- The fleece is comfortable for pets
- The collar is durable and can be reused
- Scratch and bite resistant
- Ease of mobility when not in use
- It is available in 5 different sizes
6. Best Inflatable Collar for Large Dogs – GoodBoy Comfortable Collar Review
You want to stop your large dog from licking or scratching surgery or injury sites, scratching the wounds can be irritating. Then the solution you seek is the Goodboy comfortable collar. This inflatable neck collar is like an airbag around the dog’s neck.
This collar is a preferred alternative to the traditional e-collar cone, as pets can eat, sleep, and it does not affect the dog’s vision. It is made of soft fleece fabric, which provides a soft cozy feeling for your pet, and it is resistant to bite by dogs.
Also, loops within the collar allow you to insert the everyday collar of your dog to keep the inflatable collar in place. On the same line, inflation and deflation of the collar when not in use are possible because of the valve.
There are 4 different sizes available, and pet parents should select the size most appropriate for their pets. Furthermore, the strap helps to adjusting the collar so tightly fit the pooch.
- Lightweight which allows the pet move freely
- Zipper allows the ease of removal for washing the cloth
- The collar is available in 4 different sizes
- Collar is bite and scratch resistant
- Ease of storage, by deflating the collar
7. Best Inflatable Recovery Collar for Dogs – ProCollar Protective Review
Another professional recovery collar for your pets for post-surgery wounds is this ProCollar protective collar. This collar prevents dogs from scratching injury or surgery sites. It is scratch resistant and used material does not mark furniture, and does not obstruct the pet’s vision, eating, and sleeping routine.
The material used for this collar is soft and comfortable for your pet, thus providing a cozy feeling. Additionally, the ease of storage is another feature of this collar. When it is not in use, the collar can be deflated and stored in a safe small space. Also, inflation and deflation are easy through the valve.
The collar is testified to aid quick recovery over the years, and the strap help pet owners adjust the collar. Furthermore, this collar comes in 6 different sizes, and owners can choose the size that fits the dogs. Another important feature is that it is water-resistant, and so it can suit all weather conditions.
- The material is comfortable and suitable for your pet
- Collars can be stored easily
- Strap is the adjustment mechanism
- Lightweight, which aids mobility
- The collar is easy to wash
8. Best Inflatable E Collar for Dogs – ZenPet Pro Collar Review
A strong inflatable E-collar for your pet helps to prevent pets from scratching injury or post-surgery sites, which can aggravate the wound. 3 loops are fastened to the pet’s collar and help the E-collar stay in place.
There is an inflatable inner bladder that is made of PVC, which is durable and waterproof. The collar is inflated by a two-way air valve, and when not in use, it can be deflated and stored in safe small space.
The Velcro strap acts as the adjustment mechanism, and it is for adjusting the size of the collar to fit the pet. The strap should be placed at the back of the dog, so the dog won’t bite it.
The collar is durable and can be washed when ruined by pets. Additionally, the collar comes in 6 different sizes, and pet parents should choose the size appropriate for their pet.
- Collar is easy to inflate and deflate
- Durable PVC material
- Resistant to scratch and bite
- There are 6 different sizes
- The collar can be washed and reused
9. Best Protective Inflatable Collar – E-KOMG Dog Cone After Surgery Review
If you are looking for an inflatable and protective collar, this one from E-KOMG is the answer that you seek. It is designed like an airbag around your dog and does not obstruct your dog’s vision, nor does it stop her from its routine like eating or sleeping. The use of this collar is to prevent dogs from licking wounds or surgery site, which could be irritating.
The collars are made of soft and comfortable materials, but it is resistant to bite and cannot be destroyed by the dog. There is a loop inside the collar so that you can attach the everyday collar of the pet to stabilize the inflatable collar. Also, the collar does not affect the vision, eating, sleeping, or drinking routine.
Additionally, the collar can be stored easily by deflating and folding it. Pet parents can wash the cloth by unzipping the outside cover, so it can be reused. You don’t have to worry as the collar does not mark or scratch furniture. Furthermore, there are sizes for small, medium, and large dogs, owners should measure the dog’s size and compare it to the sizing charts on Amazon.
- It is durable and can be reused when washed
- The collar ensures maximum comfort
- It cannot be destroyed by the pet
- Ease of storage
- It all available for all sizes of dogs
10. Best Veterinarian Approved – Total Pet Health Inflatable Dog Collar Review
Total pet health is a vet recommended collar for pets that are recovering from injury or surgical wounds. Injury on dogs can be aggravated when scratch by the dogs. Furthermore, owners would not worry as the collar does not scratch or mark furniture.
The material used is sturdier but comfortable plastic, similar to floaties, and it is water-resistant. The collar has loops inside to attach the regular collar of the pet for stability. The strap is an adjustment mechanism so that the collar can fit the dog perfectly. The inflation valve makes inflation and deflation easy when not in use.
The collar can be washed all together, but it cannot be removed from the bad like other inflatable collars. Additionally, this collar does not affect the pet’s vision, or eating and sleeping routine. Also, it is available in different sizes, and pet owners should select the appropriate side on Amazon sizing charts.
- Ease of inflation and deflation
- Can be washed and stored easily
- The collar is water resistant
- It prevents chewing of stitches
- Available in different dog neck sizes
Why Should You Choose an Inflatable Dog Collar?
E-collars have three best-known alternatives. These include the full body-suits called the recovery suits, the neck braces, and the inflatable dog collars.
To understand why you should specifically choose inflatable collars, let’s first look at the other two alternatives.
- Recovery Suit:
This body-suit for pets is made of soft, breathable material. It covers the entire body to restrict the pet from scratching or licking the wound. It does not restrict movement by immobilizing them; however, some pets can find these suits tight and freedom-restricting.
- Neck Braces:
The next option you have is to use Neck Braces. The braces certainly do not block vision, and they prevent your pet from moving its neck. However, unlike a body-suit, your dog will continuously feel it.
Neck braces are omnipresent, and they hold the neck in place. The dogs can also have trouble sleeping and eating with it.
- Inflatable Dog Collars:
As compared to the above two options, here is why you should choose inflatable collars:
- Can Be Easily Stored: The most recommended alternative of an E-cone is the inflatable dog collar. These collars are soft and inflatable with a pinch-valve. When not in use, these collars can be deflated and stored and put away with ease.
- Have increased comfort: It is very easy to put on. The inflatable collar is like a balloon and is made of scratch-resistant material. It also does not block vision, and the dog feels comfortable, even if he has to wear it for the whole day.
- Allow more movement: Unlike neck braces and recovery suits, inflatable collars allow your canine friend to move, eat, and sleep freely. It prevents them from reaching the recovering part yet still does not disturb their daily activities.
- Budget-Friendly: You can get quite an excellent inflatable collar for a reasonable price without compromising on the quality.
- Easy to Use: These dog collars are very easy to put on; you can easily secure the Velcro-tab and security strap from the front.
How Does an Inflatable Dog Collar Work?
- Usage: Like regular collars, the inflatable collars are put around your pup’s neck. Their bigger volume makes them soft as the collars are like those airplane neck pillows. These surround the neck and have a Velcro-tab in front, along with a security strap.
- Working: Inflatable collars can be inflated through a pinch-valve, and the air helps prevent your dog from reaching the post-surgery area. Some inflatable collars come with a removable cover. The cover can be washed and put on again.
While the collars work great, you still need to supervise your pet because animals are notorious for constantly trying to reach their wounded area. For the collar the properly, the right size is key.
Different Types of Inflatable Dog Collars
These collars have many models that are suitable for both dogs as well as cats. The following are the main few types of this Dog Collars:
- Inflatable Collar – For Inside & Outside Use: These models include collars that your dog can wear both indoors and outdoors. The design is usually waterproof and has a place for a leash to attach. That way, you can walk your dog even with the inflatable collar.
- Universal Collar: Universal collars are suitable for both dogs and cats. For pet owners that have both a canine and a feline, this might just be the thing for you. Universal collars are available in all sizes and come with adjustable straps. More information about different types of dog collars.
Features to Look for When Buying an Inflatable Dog Collars
While buying an inflatable dog collar for your beloved pet, you need to take a few things into account.
Injuries and small surgeries are not a one-time thing. While this collar is to be used for recovery only, it is going to face biting and pulling eventually. Your pup is going to try and take the collar off in all ways possible.
Therefore, when buying a collar, you should look for a long-term investment. Choose one that is scratch and bite resistant. A canvas build remains very useful and provides longevity.
The material used will have a significant impact on the durability of the collar. A recommended option is to choose one with a solid canvas build and a soft outer layer.
Even with an awesome, comfy collar, your dog might reach the infected/wounded area is the size is too large. A size too small will restrict their movement; therefore, proper size is key.
Many collar brands have a variety of available sizes suitable for different dog breeds. To choose the right size, you need to know your dog’s size, the comfortable neck circumference, and the dog’s chewing habits.
For smaller dogs, size small to medium works just fine. For larger dogs, choose either an adjustable large or extra-large. Here’s a tip, if your dog’s size is between two collar sizes, choose the larger one.
Inflatable collars are available in both round and slightly squared shape. You can choose which one to buy by observing your pet’s sleeping posture. Will your dog sleep better with a round-shaped collar or a square-one? Our recommendation is to go with the round one; however, your preference can vary.
Variable sizes make things easier. However, it is best if the collar can be easily adjusted, so it fits properly. You can choose an inflatable collar that also passes through a regular collar. They allow a better grip while remaining comfortable.
It is the most important thing in the collar. If it is isn’t secure enough, your pet will be able to take it off easily. When choosing a collar, you must make sure that the closing system works properly and has a security strap.
Can Attach to A Regular Collar
If your dog is accustomed to wearing a collar all the time, a recommendation is to go with a collar that allows collar attachment. You can buy an inflatable collar that has loops from which a regular collar can be inserted. These allow a firmer grip and feels more natural to the dog.
While your pet is recovering, their walk-time might get reduced. However, if your dog is to accompany you somewhere, it is best if the inflatable collar has a slot for a leash. That way, you can walk your dog even during its recovery time.
An inflatable collar remains very close to your canine friend’s body. Therefore, it is crucial that it is comfortable and does not block too much movement and vision. An ideal inflatable collar will allow the dog to eat, drink, and sleep normally while still being hard to remove.
Your pet’s hygiene is extremely important. Therefore, the collar must be made of easily washable material. A recommended option is to choose one with canvas build. Some collars also come with a washable cover that can be removed and put back on after washing.
Special Benefits of Inflatable Dog Collars
Whenever pets get a surgery or a wound, their instinct makes them scratch and itch the area. This delays the recovery process and worsens the wound.
- Prevents Scratching of Wounds with Comfort: Inflatable dog collars are aesthetic, soft, and do the job in keeping your dog from reaching the affected area. Unlike other collars, they don’t make your canine feel uncomfortable and allow your pet to continue its daily activities.
- Allow Faster Recovery: When your dog is able to sleep and eat without getting irritated, it’ll recover faster. Unlike Elizabethan cones, Inflatable collars do not block your pup’s sight. This makes the pets feel safe, and they don’t get anxious during their recovery time.
- Lightweight and Harmless: Cone collars are notorious for blocking vision and restricting movement. As a result, pets get very irritated, and they do everything they can to remove it. In doing so, they can get terrible rashes on the neck. Inflatable dog collars use air for their volume and are made of soft material. This makes them lightweight, and your dog doesn’t feel tired when wearing it for a long time.
- Has Aesthetic Appearance: The donut-shaped collars feel like pillows and don’t look like the cone of shame. This way, it feels like less of a medical tool, and the dog does not feel uncomfortable.
Some Important Tips
- When Inflating a dog collar, use the “pinch and blow” method.
- Do not fill it with air entirely as it can become hard and restrict the neck; Instead, close the valve when it feels
- These collars prevent your canine from licking the post-surgery wound. However, it is recommended that you check your pet regularly to make sure the collar is working.
- If your pet’s size is between two collar sizes, choose the larger one.
- Regularly wash and remove the collar’s cover. It is extremely important for your pup’s health and hygiene.
- Observe your pet’s chewing habits. They can get aggressive sometimes. At such a time, they require greater supervision.
- Know when to use an inflatable collar. It is recommended if your pet has had surgery, but it can also be used if they are daily cuts or sores.
We all love our pets and want to take great care of them. Small scratches and injuries are quite common when it comes to animals. If the vet suggests an E-collar for your dog, it is recommended that you switch to an inflatable one immediately. The collar keeps them from further injuring their wound or surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What Are Inflatable Dog Collars?
Answer: These collars are inflatable and are an alternative to the cone-shaped E-collars. Unlike the E-collars, inflatable collars provide more mobility and prevent your dog from licking or biting a wound while still being comfortable.
Question: What is the best brand for Inflatable Dog Collars?
Answer: Our recommendation for the best brand to buy Inflatable dogs collars is the “Protective Inflatable Dog Collar.”
They provide durable, washable dog collars in various sizes.The collars are bite-resistant, comfortable, and do not mark the furniture.
Question: What is the best Inflatable collar for small dogs?
Answer: For small dogs, our recommendation is this “SCENEREAL Inflatable Recovery Collar.”
This collar comes with a cotton fleece outer layer for extra softness and comfort. The inner layer is made of PVC. It is available in a small size and has an adjustable strap to fit perfectly.
Question: What is the best Inflatable collar for large dogs?
Answer: For large dogs, our recommendation is this “GoodBoy Comfortable Recovery Collar.”
The collars are suitable for large dogs and even comes with a warranty for the wrong size and chew damage. It has a washable and removable cover made of soft cotton fleece. It also has a place to insert a collar.
Question: Which is the best protective Inflatable dog collar?
Answer: Our recommendation for the best protective inflatable collar is the “Surgery Protective Inflatable Recovery Collar.” It is soft, durable, has collar attachment, and is an excellent choice for post-surgery dogs.
Question: How to choose the right size for an inflatable dog collar?
Answer: A great option is to find one that is adjustable. These collars come in different sizes ranging from extra-small to extra-large. For an adult, larger dogs, it is recommended that you go with an adjustable extra-large. If your pet’s size is between two collar sizes, choose the larger one.
Question: How do you use an inflatable dog collar?
Answer: These collars can be easily put around the dog’s neck and fastened. Some collars can go through their regular collars, giving them a better ergonomic grip. Usually, the front of the collar has a Velcro-tab and a strap for better security and grip.
Question: Are inflatable dog collars any good?
Answer: Yes. These collars keep your beloved pet from scratching or licking the wound while still allowing it to eat and move naturally. It is a comfortable, better-looking, and safer option for your dog.
Question: Can dogs sleep in inflatable collars?
Answer: Yes. Inflatable collars are soft and snugly. These are like a neck-pillow that has a good grip but doesn’t immobilize; The collars allow dogs to sleep comfortably even when wearing them.
Question: Can a dog wear an inflatable dog collar all day?
Answer: Yes. The soft balloon-collars allow your pet to move freely and don’t block vision. The inflatable collars do require regular cleaning, and they are suitable for all-day use.
Question: Can my dog eat while wearing the inflatable collar?
Answer: Yes. Inflatable collars allow movement for all your pet’s daily activities, including eating and drinking.