Dog calming collars are a quick solution for your pet’s anxiety. Seeing your beloved pet anxious and disturbed is a hard thing. While sometimes the dog expresses it in the form of being quiet, some breeds can get quite aggressive. This aggressiveness is not good for your dog or your house. While there is medication available, calming dog collars work great for many moderate cases, and you can use them along with medication.
These collars are made of either non-toxic rubber or fabric. They can emit certain pheromones mixed with essential oils that help soothe your canine. If your puppy shows signs of fear from the vet or natural events like thunder, it’s recommended to use a calming collar.
However, with so many collars available in the market, it can be hard to find the best one for your beloved pet. To help you find the best calming collars, we have spent hours considering expert reviews, customer feedback, and a variety of models based on material, composition, and size to bring you these 10 best dog calming collars.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 1 Top 10 Dog Calming Collars in 2021 – Comparisons
- 2 10 Best Dog Calming Collars in 2021 – Reviews
- 2.1 1. Our Top Pick – Sentry Pet Care Calming Dog Collar Review
- 2.2 2. Runner Up – Fedciory Adjustable Calming Collar Review
- 2.3 3. Best Budget – Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar for Dogs Review
- 2.4 4. Best Calming Collars for Puppy – Comfort Zone Calming Collar
- 2.5 5. Best Calming Collar for Small Dogs – Herbal Calming Collars Review
- 2.6 6. Best Calming Collars for Large Dogs – Adaptil Pheromone Collar Review
- 2.7 7. Best Adjustable Dog Calming Collar – Ceva Animal Health Collar Review
- 2.8 8. Best Calming Collar Multi-Packs – Adaptil 3 Pack Dog Collar Review
- 2.9 9. Best Calming Pheromone Collars for Dogs – Nurture calm 24/7 Canine Review
- 2.10 10. Best Herbal Calming Collars – Calm Paws Dog Caring Collar Review
- 3 Why Should You Choose a Dog Calming Collar?
- 4 How Does a Dog Calming Collar Function?
- 5 Types of Calming Dog Collars
- 6 Things to Consider Before Choosing Dog Calming Collars
- 7 Benefits of Dog Calming Collars
- 8 Some Important Tips
- 9 Final Thoughts
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Dog Calming Collars in 2021 – Comparisons
|Image||Product Name||Key Features|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
|Check On Amazon|
10 Best Dog Calming Collars in 2021 – Reviews
1. Our Top Pick – Sentry Pet Care Calming Dog Collar Review
Proven through clinical trials to help adjust stress and anxiety-related behaviors of your pet.
When it comes to tackling anxiety and stress issues of your pet, Sentry Pet calming collar is our top pick. With effective pheromone technology to improve in behavior and reducing fear, this collar is a complete package. This collar stood as winner in the best calming collar list because of its performance; it has proven to reduce stress and anxiety of dogs.
With pheromone technology, this collar helps reduce fear level of your pet caused by loud noises, anxiety, stress, bad behavior and barking. It is scientifically proven that this collar reduces fear level of your pet. The use of pheromones has been clinically demonstrated to help dogs deal with different circumstances such as uproarious clamors, separation for another dog, or when moving to a new house.
We all know that when a pet is in stress, they can react violently or have bad behavior. This calming collar aims to address this issue. It helps in reducing violent and bad behavior of your pet caused by stress.
Some pets experience may experience stress related behavior and fear caused by thunderstorms or fireworks. Pet care calming collar helps in alleviating problems and aims in providing comfort and calm to your pet in such situations.
After your pet wears this collar, there is continuous release of pheromones lasting up to 30 days. It ensures that your dog and puppies feel calm, secure and safe. To see full benefits, give it two weeks to a month and you will get positive results.
These collars are meant for all dog breeds and sizes. With adjustable size and strap, you don’t have to worry face the problem issue. One size fits all dog breeds, whether it’s a German shepherd, Labrador or poodle.
- Efficient pheromone technology
- Reduces violent/bad behavior
- Available Adjustable size
- Provides comfort and secure feeling
- Lasts up to 30 days
2. Runner Up – Fedciory Adjustable Calming Collar Review
Offers all features of being the best calming collar which is not just effective but quite flexible and adjustable.
When it comes to adjustable, comfortable and effective calming dog collar, this product is runner up in our list. From providing protection and comfort to your pet, it also guarantees satisfaction.
This collar is recommended by many vets as it helps to deal with bad and unwanted dog behavior. In addition to this, it also aids in adjusting your dog’s behavior because of stress, anxiety and fear. With the release of pheromones, it helps in keeping your dog calm.
When you put this collar on your dog, it starts working within in an hour. When it comes to lasting time span, it releases pheromones for continuous 30 days to provide comfort and soothing feeling to your pet and puppies. It can be replaced after 4 weeks to maximize results.
This collar is very safe and effective. This lavender collar is activated by body heat of your pet which stimulates the release of pheromones to tackle with anxiety and stress issues, fear caused by loud noises, thunderstorms and fireworks etc. It also aids in increasing focus of your pet during training sessions and helps in adapting to situations easily.
When it comes to flexibility and adjustability, this collar is perfect as it offers adjustability according to your pet’s size. You won’t have to worry or go through the hassle of finding the right collar. It comes with a size of 65cm in length which can be adjusted with adjustable straps.
This calming dog collar is focused on providing 100% customer satisfaction. They aim at putting a smile on your face and provide comfort to your pet. If for some reason, you are not happy with the product, the company will give you full refund.
- Adjustable and flexible
- Helps in reducing fear, stress and anxiety
- Safe and effective
- Guarantees 100% customer satisfaction
- Continuous and fast secretion of pheromones for 30 days
3. Best Budget – Adaptil Calm On-The-Go Collar for Dogs Review
With economical and moderate approach, it has all essential features of being a good dog calming collar.
Adaptil is a well-known brand so it comes as no surprise that this calming collar is on our top list. When it comes to affordable and economical aspects, this product is the best budget friendly collar in the market. With the features it comes with, this is a must buy.
This calming is pet’s # 1 recommendation when it comes to an easy transition of your pet into happy life. In stressful and anxiety filled situation, dogs often show aggressive and violent behavior. But this calming dog collar, helps in adjusting your pet’s behavior and reduce violent and aggressive tendencies.
Through clinical trials and tests, it is proven that it aids in reducing fear levels caused by loud noises and thunderstorms. Through the release of pheromones, it helps your pet to easily adapt and adjust in different conditions.
Adaptil calming dog collar is composed of all-natural ingredients with zero chemicals. It basically releases the same pheromones which nursing mother dog’s releases to help nurture their puppies and provide a feeling of safety and comfort. With all-natural elements, it is completely safe and drug-free.
It is very easy to use. As soon as you put it on your pet, their body heat will activate this collar and it will start releasing pheromones which will keep your dog calm all day long. Your pet will stop displaying destructive, anxiety and fear related behavior. It comes in three different sizes; small, large and medium. With variety in sizes, it is available for all sizes of dogs.
- Affordable and economical
- Clinically proven to reduce stress and fear
- All-natural elements
- Easy to use
- Variety in sizes
4. Best Calming Collars for Puppy – Comfort Zone Calming Collar
Adaptil is an established brand which is known for providing superlative quality calming collar for dogs. They have manufactured this collar especially for puppies and it is among the best calming collars for puppies.
It releases the same pheromones that a nursing mother dog releases to help its puppies curb with stress and fear related issues. By the release of these pheromones, it provides a feeling of safety and security to your puppy.
We all know that thunderstorms, fireworks and loud noises can raise fear and stress levels of your dog especially puppies and they will easily get frightened. This calming collar is designed to tackle these issues and reduce fear, stress and anxiety levels of your puppy.
When it comes to clinical tests and validity, this collar has been proven through trials to help adjust your pet’s unwanted violent and bad behavior. In stressful and frightening situations, your pet may start acting violent, aggressive or frightened as such situation induce this behavior. However, this collar will not only keep your pet calm in such situations, but also reduce unwanted violent and aggressive behavior.
It has been recommended by a lot of vets to use for your pet’s especially puppies. By wearing this collar your puppy can better cope with different circumstances.
If you are planning on adopting a new puppy, moving to a new place or travelling plans, then this collar is a must buy for fuzzy little one. With this collar your puppy can better adjust to new situations, whether be it a new house, new family or new places. It helps your puppy adapt to different situations easily and comfortably.
- Mimics same pheromones as that of nursing mother dog
- Adjusts stress, anxiety and fear levels
- Clinically proven to adjust unwanted, bad behaviors
- Better cope with different circumstances
- Superlative quality
5. Best Calming Collar for Small Dogs – Herbal Calming Collars Review
If you are looking for a calming collar that is all natural and contains organic herbs, then this is your product. We discovered that this collar is the best calming collar for small dogs because of all-characteristic, fragrant healing-based choice with herbs.
It is carefully assembled with blue bandana neckline from Herbal Calming Collars which may resemble a chic style thing, however it really is a stress alleviating for on edge hounds. To make it more efficient, unique herbs were chosen for their quieting and stress-assuaging properties and the mixture was preserved by drying.
Since it is styled as a neckline collar, the pet remains in contact with it for most of the time to maximize the effect. The cotton covering material was formed into a bowlike neckline with a fasten in the inside and loaded up with the fragrant mix.
It comes in a variety of 15 different colors and prints so as to provide diversity of choices for consumers. You don’t have to limit your choice when it comes to picking color for your pet’s calming color.
This color is designed to meet requirements of all dog sizes especially small dogs. In stressful and frightening situations, your dog may react violently because of stress and fear, however, this collar aims at reducing stress and fear levels of your pet. With natural calming herbs, it provides a calm and sooth feeling to your pet and lowers their stress and fear level.
- Made up of dried mixture of natural herbs
- Variety in colors, print and sizes
- Reduces fear, anxiety and stress level
- Helps your pet to cope up with different circumstances
- Vet recommended clinically proved calming collar
6. Best Calming Collars for Large Dogs – Adaptil Pheromone Collar Review
When it comes to providing calming collars for dogs, Adaptil is the best brand that comes in mind. They have come up with the best calming collar for large dogs. From providing relief and soothing feeling to comfort, this collar is a complete package.
This calming collar impersonates the pheromones that nursing mother dog produces in the wake of conceiving an offspring. These pheromones are able to alleviate stress and provide calm and soothing feeling to pets. This collar is activated by the body heat from your pet, which stimulates the release of pheromones.
Instead of using chemicals or medicines, this collar uses a more natural and organic way to solve your pet’s anxiety and stress related issues. It is 100% safe and authentic. Moreover, it is drug free and doesn’t cause any side effects.
This collar is designed for medium to large dogs and come with a size of 62.5 cm. You can adjust size accordingly to fit your pet’s size. Customers are advised to put this collar on dog’s neck for 4 weeks to maximize the benefits it provides. After 4 weeks, you can change the collar.
- Relief and soothing feeling
- Alleviates stress and provides calm
- 100% safe and authentic
- Continuous release of pheromones for 30 days.
- Superlative quality
7. Best Adjustable Dog Calming Collar – Ceva Animal Health Collar Review
As we all know that Adaptil is known for producing good dog calming collars, they have come up with the best adjustable dog calming collar.
This collar stimulates odorless pheromones to keep your pet calm in stressful and frightening situations like thunderstorms, fireworks, loud noise or change of circumstances.
This collar comes with adjustable strap which make one size for all dogs and breeds. Now you won’t have to worry about finding the perfect size for your perfect. With the adjustable strap you can easily adjust it as per your dog’s size.
Just put the collar around your pet’s neck and let the collar do its work. The collar is activated from your pet’s body heat and begins the stimulation of pheromones to induce feeling of calmness and comfort.
As it is made up of natural elements therefore, it is safe and chemical-free. In addition to this, it doesn’t have any side effects. It comes with 100% customer satisfaction as customers are Adaptil’s top priority. If you are unsatisfied with the product, you can send it back and get full refund.
- Adjustable collar fit for all sizes
- Keeps your pet calm and stress free
- No smelly odor
- 100% customer satisfaction
- All-natural elements and is drug free
8. Best Calming Collar Multi-Packs – Adaptil 3 Pack Dog Collar Review
Adaptil surely knows how to help your dog in stressful and frightening situation. By introducing the best calming collar multi packs, they are helping your pet cope up with unfavorable situations.
The mix of lavender and maternal pheromones is ideal for helping stressed out and anxious dogs adapt better to activating circumstances, for example, a visit to the vet or firecrackers or heavy thunderstorms.
Some calming collars, sprays and oils have really bad odor which constantly irritates you and your pet. However, in the case of this calming, it is odorless, so your pet won’t have deal with any bad smells.
It can be used for all purposes whether its indoor or outdoor. Your can easily put it on your pet for any outdoor occasion, be it traveling, walk, visit to vet or socialization. In any situation, it will keep your pet calm and reduce unwanted bad behavior.
When you put it on your pet, it will begin working within hour and keep conveying the alleviating impacts for as long as about a month. For around 30 days, it will continuously secrete pheromones to help ease transition of your pet into happy life.
- Used for all purposes
- Helps in socialization
- Lasts for 30 days
- Natural and drug free
9. Best Calming Pheromone Collars for Dogs – Nurture calm 24/7 Canine Review
Nurture calm came up with the best calming pheromone collar for dogs. If the other dog collars fail to provide comfort and calm feeling to your pet, then you can always check this collar as it yields good results.
This collar has proven to reduce pressure and adjust the conduct of canine. However, the collar must be kept dry consistently and is touchy to water. When washing your dog, it must be removed and placed on a dry surface, so it doesn’t get damp and wet.
Nurture calm collar should closely fit around the pooch’s neck yet not very close. The space should be such that one finger should effortlessly slip between the neckline and your pet’s skin. It gets activated from heat of your pet’s body and begins to release pheromones ensuring calm feeling for your pet.
- Lasts up to 30 days
- Proven to be effective
- Fits well around your pet’s neckline
- Releases pheromones to help reduce anxiety
10. Best Herbal Calming Collars – Calm Paws Dog Caring Collar Review
Calm Paws has come up best herbal calming collar to help pet lovers tackle stress and anxiety issues of their pets. This collar has all the features that make up for a good dog collar.
This premium, delicate e-neckline assists with shielding your pooch from licking or scratching post-careful injuries, and it can likewise be utilized to shield pets from compounding skin conditions.
The Easy Feed opening permits your pet to eat and drink serenely. Furthermore, to additionally help mitigate your pet, it accompanies one Calming Gel Patch.
It is made with fundamental oils that help to diminish pressure, moreover, it effectively fits within the exceptional pocket on the cone so your pooch can take in each and every advantage.
It is made with multi-color Velcro strips to allow for quick and concise application. Moreover, with soft inner material it provides comfort and cozy feeling to your pet.
- Premium soft e collar
- Great for post careful injuries
- Easy feed mark
- Calming gel patch
- Soft and durable material
Why Should You Choose a Dog Calming Collar?
Like humans, animals, including pets like dogs, can feel emotions like anxiety. Though it can come as worrisome, it is completely natural for your dog to feel that way.
However, if left entirely unchecked, your canine might experience anxiety disorders that can cause behavioral issues. While there are medications available, sometimes, pet owners do not wish to use drugs to calm their pets. Especially if the pet’s situation is not too extreme.
If your pet is going through such a time, you might want to consider using a Dog Calming Collar. Just like their name tells, helps your dog keep calm and prevent anxiety. These are easy to use, anti-stress products that are non-toxic and don’t harm the dog.
A Calming collar is designed to help your dog feel calm and suppress the uneasiness. You should choose one if your pet has a moderate case of anxiety.
More Collars Reviews: Best Dog Shock Collars
How Does a Dog Calming Collar Function?
The main purpose of this collar is to soothe your dog and suppress anxiety while allowing them to continue all of their daily activities normally. Here’s how it works:
There are two main ways a calming dog collar works. By emitting pheromones and scents or by using relaxing herbs as a result of reacting to warmth.
By Releasing Pheromones
Majority of the Dog Calming Collars use Pheromones. Mammals, including dogs, are capable of naturally producing these pheromones. These chemicals can affect the behavior of dogs and act as signals for communication within the same species.
- Uses Synthetic Replica: Calming collars release a synthetic replica of the original pheromones gained from female dogs during their lactation period. These chemicals are released in the form of scents and pheromones. When the collar comes in contact with the skin, the pet’s body heat makes the collar emit the relaxants.
- Makes Your Pet Feel Safe and Relaxed: When inhaled by your pup, these chemicals help in overcoming stress and allow the pet to relax. It gives them the sensation of being close to their mother, and they feel safe. The effect continues to last while the dog is wearing the collar.
Since the chemicals are in a limited amount and also have an expiry date, you will need to replace the collar after a specific time.
Using Herbal Blends and Oils
Some Calming collars use special herbal blends mixed with or without pheromones. These herbs are known for their relaxation properties and include essential oils that are safe for your dog.
These herbs are dog friendly and may include calming scents like chamomile and lavender. Both of these herbs have a calming effect and can help boost pheromones.
More Collars Reviews: Best Dog Flea Collars
Types of Calming Dog Collars
Based on the presence and absence of an odor, and the use of pheromone or herbs, there are four types of calming dog collars.
- Calming Collars with Odor: These collars are the usual pheromone collars that emit the relaxant. The scent helps your dog stay calm.
- Odorless Calming Collars: Sometimes, the owners can also feel the smell of these dog collars. To avoid that, there are unscented types that only focus on diffusing chemicals.
- Pheromone Collar: This collar only uses a replica of pheromones as the primary ingredient.
- Herbal Blend Collar: These collars use natural dried herbs and essential oils to boost your pet’s pheromone effects.
Things to Consider Before Choosing Dog Calming Collars
Dog Calming collars help improve your pet’s emotional health. They are also a more natural alternative for medication, however, only for moderate cases.
With so many different types of collars available in the market, it can be challenging to know which one you should buy. You also do not want to waste your money by purchasing an ineffective collar.
Therefore, to help you eliminate the guesswork, the following are some things to consider for finding a suitable Calming collar for your dog.
The Pheromone Combination Used
This is the most important thing to look for in a calming dog collar. The used pheromones determine the effectiveness of the calming collar. If the relaxants are ineffective, the dog will not feel any better.
You need to pay attention to the percentage of relaxant used. While that mostly depends on your pet’s anxiety level, we recommend choosing a collar with a higher DAP (Dog Appeasing Pheromone).
For mild cases, a tiny percentage of 0.02% can work. However, for moderate cases, the required DAP percentage can increase by up to 6%. Such cases include getting scared by loud noises and fearing the vet or hospital.
Dog Calming Collars are mostly made using either soft, non-toxic rubber or fabric. Most of these are made from soft rubber, it is flexible and easily bends around the neck. There are many fabric alternatives available, as well. Choose one that is more suitable for your dog.
Some calming collars use herbs and scents. Unlike humans, pets, especially dogs, have a very sensitive nose, and among them, some breeds have a stronger sense of smell. While some scents can act as relaxants, a fragrance too strong can irritate your canine.
Avoid buying collars which have high essential-oil content. Instead, choose a collar with a mild scent that relaxes your dog without causing any irritation.
Since these collars rely on chemicals more than their physical materials, there is a limit to their usage. The used chemicals can expire and usually last for around 3 to 4 weeks.
After that, the pheromones and herbal oils start to lose their potency and eventually become ineffective. Other factors affecting the working of a calming collar can include contact with water.
Therefore, when buying a calming collar for your dog, you need to consider its longevity and the effectiveness of the scents used.
This calming tool is a collar that is going to stay quite close to your canine’s body. Therefore, it is crucial that it is comfortable and does not restrict movement in any way.
That way, the dog can sleep, eat, and drink normally. The material used in the collar can greatly impact the level of comfort.
These calming dog collars work by getting the pet’s body heat and then emitting the chemicals. Getting the right size is crucial. The collar shouldn’t be too small to become tight, and it shouldn’t be too large to be loose.
For choosing the right size, you will need to know the comfortable circumference of your pet’s neck. By comfortable, it means the circumference that remains close to the body and still allows movement. Ideally, the collar should be slightly loose.
Easy to Clean
Your canine’s hygiene is extremely important. The dog collars can be used 24/7 without cleaning. However, if you know that your dog will get the collar really dirty, select one that is easy to clean without disturbing its chemical emitting abilities.
More Collars Reviews: Best Bark Collars
Benefits of Dog Calming Collars
Dog Calming collars have multiple benefits over air-diffusers and medication alone.
- It’s a drug-free solution: For most cases of anxiety, calming dog collars work great and can even allow you to reduce the amount of medication required. These collars are also suited for dogs of all ages.
- Targets your canine: The pheromone solution can also be obtained in the form of air diffusers. These, however, release the relaxant in the air and do not directly target the pet. On the other hand, the calming collars stay close to your pet and allow quick and directed effects.
- It calms your dog: The synthetic pheromones used in the collars can help your dog feel soothed and safe. Moreover, the dried herbs can boost the effect of these pheromones.
- It is a natural method: The herbs and essential oils used in calming collars are natural. The pheromones are synthetic; however, they are made by mimicking their natural counterparts. Combined, the two relaxants naturally soothe and suppress the stress making your canine feel better quickly.
- It is affordable: With all the benefits and comfort, you might be surprised to find that these collars are extremely budget-friendly and you can get one for a reasonable price without compromising on quality.
- It has Zero negative side effects: The calming dog collar uses natural relaxants and non-toxic soft materials that are safe for your dog. These collars do not have any negative side effects. The worst that can happen is that it will not be much useful for your pet, which occurs only in rare cases.
Some Important Tips
- Use it with regular medication: Calming collar is a medicinal tool to help fight anxiety. Sometimes, however, a calming collar alone might not be enough for your dog. You can use it along with the normal medication of your pet.
- Avoid getting the collar wet: These collars work by emitting scents. These scents can get washed away if the collars are put in water, and as a result, the collars’ lifespan is shortened. Therefore, it is recommended that you remove it before letting your dog play or take a bath in water.
- Calming collars can also be used for little puppies: especially when they have just been adopted. They may not have anxiety issues, but the collar can help them feel like they are close to their mother, and they’ll able to adjust to the new environment more quickly.
- Do not remove the pheromone pouch before using the collar: These scented collars have a cover to seal off their effectiveness when they are not in use. If you haven’t started using the collar yet, do not remove it.
- Make sure the collar fits nicely: As mentioned previously, these collars work by reacting to the body warmth. Make sure it fits close to the dog’s neck but not too tight to restrict movement. These collars can also be trimmed if they are too large. If your dog’s size is between two collar sizes, choose the larger size and trim off the excess.
- Do not attach a leash to a calming collar: These collars are not suited for leash attachment, and doing so might affect their working.
More Collars Reviews: Best Dog Training Collars
If you think your pet is stressed and stays anxious, it might be time to try a calming dog collar. However, before getting one, rule out any medical issues and make sure to take quick action before your pet’s condition worsens.
These collars can be used alone or with medicine. It is a natural way to help your canine feel relaxed and calm. Calming collars are affordable and easy to use. Get one for your dog to make him feel better.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a calming dog collar?
A calming dog collar is a soft collar designed to emit certain chemicals after reacting to body warmth. These collars contain a synthetic replica of pheromones, sometimes mixed with herbal blends and essential oils.
Together, these act as DAP or dog appeasing pheromones. When put around your dog’s neck, after getting the pet’s body heat, they release the relaxants allowing your pet to feel safe and calm.
How to use a calming dog collar?
The calming collars come in packaging to seal off their relaxants. Therefore first, you will need to remove all the covering and tabs, if any. The next step is to wrap the collar around your dog’s neck and close it leaving it a bit loose. These collars have the regular buckle for closing. Lastly, wash your hands to remove any chemicals.
Do vets recommend calming collars for dogs?
Yes. Calming collars have proven to be clinically effective. They can also be used with your dog’s medicine. The relaxants suppress anxiety and reduce behavior like barking and fear. While there are cases in which these collars are not much of help, however, these do not have any adverse side effects.
Can dog calming collars hurt my dogs?
No. These collars are made of safe, non-toxic material. The chemicals they emit are prepared by mimicking the natural pheromones of dogs. They are harmless and make your dog feel calm and protected. However, you should be careful when choosing the right size.
How long does a calming dog collar last?
Usually, the chemicals of a calming dog collar remain effective for 30 days or 3 to 4 weeks. After that, they lose their effectiveness, and you need to replace the collar. Most brands mention how long the collar will last on the package and the product’s online description.
How to clean a calming dog collar?
The collars do not require cleaning. However, if you really need to clean them, you can wipe them with a wet cloth. The collars made from pliable plastic can be cleaned this way. However, you should not use too much water, it can reduce and wash away the relaxants of the calming collar.
How long do you need a calming collar for your dog?
It depends on the anxiety-level and breed of your pet. The collar effect starts within a week or two, and your canine will feel better. If your dog still feels anxious after collar, it is recommended to visit a vet.